OLED???

Care to provide a link to this device? The IBM website search engine can't seem to find it.

Matthew

--
I\'m a contractor. If you want an opinion I\'ll sell you one.
Which one do you want?

Maybe he was referring to the IBM T221, 3840x2400 LCD panel [9.2 megapixels] ?

David

On Sat, 20 May 2006 13:11:50 -0400, "David" Gave us:

Nope. The display I refer to was a prototype, and was 19 M pixels.

That was three years ago.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Where did you see this? At IBM Research or a conference.

Normally they show their stuff at SID, but I don't recall a super-res OLED from IBM... have seen a bunch of impressive OLED's from others though.

Heck, their 9m pixel LCD screens look almost painfully sharp to me.

Reply to
R Sweeney

IBM almost always makes a big, public splash when they break some technological record. The complete absence of any evidence to back up Roy's claim is telling.

As far as I know, this system:

Is the current, real world resolution leader.

Matthew

--
I\'m a contractor. If you want an opinion I\'ll sell you one.
Which one do you want?
Reply to
Matthew L. Martin

Thanks. ...

I read somewhere that some people are planning to use, or using, white light OLED panels behind LCDs. It seems like it would do as well just to use full color OLED, but I don't know...

Reply to
dh

_________________________________________________________ To demonstrate the polymer OLED display's ease of manufacturability in larger sizes, Philips Research has developed an inkjet printing process using a four print-head printer equipped with 256 piezo-driven nozzles. Together with the PolyLED material suppliers and print head manufacturer Spectra, Philips has developed inks, print heads, substrate processes that enable the production of large screen OLED displays with high accuracy and reliability. The system uses a novel printing method in which eac h sub-pixel (R, G or B pixel) is built up from multiple droplets fired from different nozzles. The system is capable of printing displays up to 24 inches. Larger displays are possible simply by increasing the size of the printer.

How would they "wire" such?

Reply to
dh

Sort of like this? _________________________________________________________ Stacked OLEDs In the mid 1990?s, a highly-innovative SOLED stacked OLED was conceived by Dr. Stephen R. Forrest and his team at Princeton University. Using an award-winning pixel architecture, the SOLED is based on stacking the red, green, and blue subpixels on top of one another, instead of side-by-side as is the common configuration for CRTs and LCDs, in a vertically-integrated OLED structure where intensity, color and gray scale can be independently tuned to achieve high-resolution full-color. While SOLED architectures may find application as a high-resolution pixel approach, there are a number of new possibilities for stacked and hybrid structures in lighting and other devices that build on these earlier innovations.

dh

On Sun, 21 May 2006 09:20:26 -0400, "Matthew L. Martin" Gave us:

You're an idiot.

All it tells is how retarded your research capabilities are.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

I even tried your ultimate source of all correct information:

Not a word.

You are making it up, or said otherwise, lying. There is no 19Mp OLED display, prototype or otherwise. There isn't even a 19Mp LCD display.

Care to prove me wrong?

Matthew

--
I\'m a contractor. If you want an opinion I\'ll sell you one.
Which one do you want?
Reply to
Matthew L. Martin

On Thu, 18 May 2006 15:54:18 -0400, ASAAR Gave us:

You're a goddamned retard, boy.

I should be cruel and turn in your bullshit as a threat. Get your wussy, adolescent mosh pit punk f*ck ass in a sling.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

But then you would have to declare your real name.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Hey! Roy!

Have you found any proof of that IBM 19MP OLED display or were you caught lying again?

As foul mouthed as he is, I am no surprised at him lying to get attention.

Matthew

--
I\'m a contractor. If you want an opinion I\'ll sell you one.
Which one do you want?
Reply to
Matthew L. Martin

Relativistic effects? At a few 10's of kilovolts? That is lamer than your usual baloney. I guess i may have to get my school books out to rough out the relevant electron ballistics.

--
JosephKK
--Schiller

is

equivalent

For some papers on CRT and LED color reproduction please try googling with this string: cie chromaticity chart crt lcd

These were on the first page of results:

It is of note that the LCD reproducible color triangle is slightly larger than that of the CRT.

--
JosephKK
--Schiller