Numismatic Question for you Limeys

A long time ago a British fellow mentioned that there was a denomination (pre-decimalization, I think), popularly known as a "hate you" because it was small, hard to keep track of, and nearly worthless.

Was it a half-pence? If not, what was it? Or am I dreaming?

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

Could be a ha'penny pronounced hape nee.

Reply to
Andrew Holme

Even harder to handle was the 'farthing', a quarter penny !!

Rheilly P

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

I still have a bag of silver coins, back from when they really were 50% silver.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

...the widow's mite???