Now that the dems are in office...

Mo occasionally goes to lunch at a little place, back of an alley off California Street. She doesn't eat much, so she brings me a half of her Kobe beef hamburger. It's shockingly good, and I've got to get over there one day and have a whole, hot one myself. And their Kobe beef lasigna is equally stunning, ditto.

Nothing wrong with a good burger now and then. And there's Zuni Cafe, just two blocks from work, with an amazing burger on focaccio, homemade pickles, carmelized onions, and aioli, with shoestring potatoes. Really, you should drop in sometime.

With all these edible and electronic goodies around, how can so many people be bummed out?

John

I don't know why everyone seems so unhappy. I'm having a ball ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Right. The Democrats. Sure. The Democrats. They MADE Bush spy on everyone, examine people's library records, tap their phones, break into their houses while they were out, ask questions of their family and friends and order them to keep secret about it. Those are the hallmarks of a free society.

NOT!

Bush is just a weak version of Stalin.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

See abse, lunch.jpg.

John

I buy the Jr Bacon Cheese off Wendy's $1 menu - all the taste without the high price for 2 extra oz. of ground beef. Or for more beef, the chili.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

The Burger King Whopper Junior, no cheese, no fries, no coke, is a pretty sensible lunch. The "cheese" crud that the burger chains use is really gross.

John

Oh, barf. I'm beginning to see why you might hate America. Big corporations will do stuff like put bugs in your food unless they're forced to disclose it, you know. Even Coca-Cola might be putting bugs in your drinks if it will increase their profits.

Try a Lick's "Back Home" burger (c/w with back bacon) next time you're in the GTA. Only $5.69.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

A friend bagged a Bullwinkle recently and another made a damned fine chili out of a very small part of the 665lbs of meat.

Liberals and other leftist loons need to be bummed out. It's in their character.

--
  Keith
Reply to

I prefer Wendy's burger, no fries, no cheese. Though I haven't had one in something like six months. You were right in a threadlet above; all fast-food goes for the salt, fat, sugar overdose. It's no longer "good".

--
  Keith
Reply to

What's the causality? Does being liberal make you gloomy, or does being gloomy make you liberal?

I suspect that character determines politics, so the latter, maybe.

John

Yeah. What's wrong with them? It's usually only the blacks that get beaten up by the cops - nothing wrong with that. Blame that Earl Warren - he spoiled such a good thing.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Sure. After all, who cares about truth and justice? Not the 'right' sort of people obviously. You can't make a buck out of it and it doesn't advance the white race.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

At last! A 'merkin that admits he isn't fluent in English ;-)

Regards Ian

Reply to
Ian

Seek help.

--
  Keith
Reply to

No, it's them furriners who ain't fluent in standard American. Can the Brits all understand each other?

Incidentally, 'merkin is a crude and, by now, not very original insult.

John

There are genuine, caring liberals around. But the majority of liberal, self-described "progressives" don't really care about the less fortunate of the world, they're actually jealous of the more fortunate. They don't spend their own money on good causes, they want the government to do it, and to tax "the rich" to do so. The point being not to help the poor, but to hurt the rich.

How much do you, personally, donate to charitable causes?

John

Please do.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Apparently, you have never heard of the "Free Market".

You should read some Friedman or something.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

You're the one with the AL hat!

--
  Keith
Reply to

Never worn one. But I can see the sun reflecting off yours.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson