Not just chips in short supply?

What I wanted.

Available July next year???

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

We use these little 3-pin things for connecting power and fans and such.

They seem to be somewhat available.

They mate with the little shoot-in wire things.

Reply to
jlarkin

Certain grades of steel and aluminum are in short supply too.

Martin Rid

Even in what we laughingly call 'normal times', connector catalogues are full of things that they'd be happy to make for you if you're okay with

100ku minimum order and 26 week lead time.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

...26 week lead time..not long enough to dig ore and process it.

Reply to
Robert Baer

There seem to be an absurdly large number of connector models on the market, and I really do not understand why. As if making a me-too connector is a way to get rich quick, which seems unlikely.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

I suspect it's because they're looking for 'base load' customers, and need to be seen to offer a full series for each type of connector even though they only actually get orders for one or two SKUs.

It looks like the (very nice) Molex 5025982393 is in that class. It's a

23-position, 0.3-mm Kapton FFC connector which fans out into two rows of 0.6-mm spacing. Really Good Medicine for connecting to cold plates. The series

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs