no fast PNPs!

MMBTH81 is almost the last pretty fast, small PNP still standing.

I need to clamp the swing of a fast positive logic level, so

collector to ground base to +3 emitter to logic level

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.
"Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"
Reply to
jlarkin

Low-capacitance Schottky diode.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

BF970 are still around....but yeah, since the 90s it looks like options have been dwindling. I'm not exactly sure why.

Reply to
DemonicTubes

I've been using USB ESD protectors for those sorts of things. They're claimed to be amazingly fast with fractional pF loading. But yes, I'd love some GHz PNP's, too.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Unknown @ DK, obsolete @ Mouser, 0 stock.

AFAIK the only fastish PNPs left are these Siliconix/Renesas transistor arrays.

I still have a reel of BFG31, but cannot design them in for customers.

regards, Gerhard.

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Winfield Hill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com:

PIN diode?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

50A02CH is only slightly slower?

piglet

Reply to
piglet

That one is a nice combination of speed, voltage, current, and capacitance. I want minimum capacitance, so can probably still use MMBTH81, but that is marginal on current. Worst case, I may want to sink 100 mA for a short time.

I guess I could use a schottky diode into a sinking supply, but the PNP clamp conveniently dumps the current into ground.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Me too, plus two reels of BFT92s. Internal use only.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs