New Dropbox alternative with 10GB free space

Everybody, there is a new online storage startup, similar to Dropbox or box.com, get your free 10 GB easily, 5GB on signup and 5GB if you use the following referral link.

  • hit the referral link
  • create an account (5GB)
  • install client on any device (5GB) Have fun!
Reply to
akanakshaa

box.com, get your free 10 GB easily, 5GB on signup and 5GB if you use the following referral link.

a US server an a US domain, don't use it for anything important.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Imagine a Chinese equivalent of Dropbox, with their own installed client! All your files are belong to us.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

r box.com, get your free 10 GB easily, 5GB on signup and 5GB if you use the following referral link.

Gleeetings and tranks for to the cloud onto-logging. Today, not available, the files. Trying tomorow, tranking you berry much!

--
Cheers,
James

Yeah, that's pretty much what the US said when they shut down megaupload.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Imagine that the Chinese own Dropbox, and you are uploading your company's secrets for them to browse. Instant, low risk industrial espionage.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

it is just a matter of which government you want to look at your files if you want you files to be private in the cloud encrypt them

what I think is the biggest problem with storing files in the cloud is that they can disappear at any moment, the company could go bust and apparently the US has the power to shutdown servers and confiscate everyones files if the RIAA or MPAA believe someone is using them for pirating

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Only for content stored by those from Denmark >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Dropbox files are copied onto the hard drives of any computer that shares a folder. So if your internet connection goes away, or Dropbox dies, the files are still there.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Except if the Feds delete the files before shutting down Dropbox, in which case all your local copies go away too.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

If all the PCs are online, yes, files can get deleted. I keep important stuff in non-Dropbox files. DB is great for working on projects at work and at home, to avoid messing with memory sticks. And I use it for some realtime acquisition and control stuff.

Why would the Feds delete everybody's files?

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

For "Feds", insert bad guys or overbearing govt entity of your choice.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

It might not be everybody's files- maybe just big files have a name that includes a Star Trek movie name or something of that ilk. So if all your photodiode response measurements are in a 4G file called "Into Darkness"..

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

your

RIAA and MPAA convinced them that all the files were illegal copies of the latest movies and CDs?

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Your competitor bribes someone to try to put you out of business. Anyone with brains will run their own server, with no connection to the outside world.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That does make multi-site file sharing more difficult.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

is

confiscate

Bullshit. Look up VPN (Virtual Private Networking) Properly configured, no one can find it online, and as far as they are concerned, it doesn't exist. It requires software to be installed on every computer, then being configured. You can even set it up that remote access has to come from a white listed IP address.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

your

is

confiscate

for

You said "with no connection to the outside world."

How do you set up a VPN "with no connection to the outside world" ?

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

installed

your

industrial

cloud is

confiscate

for

Dropbox

The VPN is private. Think about it. Or not.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell