Need to design a controller for 3 R/C Servos!

I need to make a controll board for 3 R/C servos by regular potentiomenters. The problem I have - I do not know nothing about electronics and how they work! If anybody interested in designing the whole thing for me and get paid

- please let me know by sending email to snipped-for-privacy@flymig.com This is NOT a joke! Thanks! Mark.

PS. when you'll send your email - our anti-spam filter must verify your email - so you will receive a note and will need to respond to it first.

Reply to
mark

Your first problem is to clearly define what you are trying accomplish. Then maybe someone can tell if they can help you.

Dan

--
Dan Hollands
1120 S Creek Dr

To the casual reader : 3 pots -> 3 PWM signals with rep=20ms, TOn = 0.8 - 2.0ms

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

You can buy such things, they are called servo testers:

If it must be anew design, here is your design for free. Take the schematic from the link below and make three of them.

Kind regards,

Iwo

Reply to
Iwo Mergler

To this casual reader, those controllers are already readily-available commercial items. I used 7-channel controllers to interface to my own electronics almost 20 years ago.

Reply to
John_H

A couple of quick suggestions, hack an old RC transmitter and receiver. Or, there has been several articles on such controllers in electronic mags in the past 2-3 years. Elektor and Nuts'n'Volts both come to mind. But sorry, I don't have the magazines, just recall seeing the articles.

Barry Lennox

Reply to
Barry Lennox

OK guys and gals! Thanks for your input and here is the task that needs to be incorporated into the design:

Control 3 servo using transmitter joystic (purchased separately). Have the ability to use feedback potentiomenter and bypass this feature as well. Have switchable speeds of servo responding to the joystick movement. Ability to go back to "neutral" position by means of pressing the button. Ability to change the "neutral" position by pressing "remember" button.

This is not a "one-day" project and we are really looking for capable people to do the job. There is nothing found so far on the internet that does the job. As I have mentioned before - no computer interface needed. Thanks! Mark.

Reply to
mark

Have your purchasing department contact me.

I have previously done chip designs that encompass these functions.

...Jim Thompson

      "Don\'t mess with my toot toot!", Antoine \'Fats\' Domino

Are you trying to make a product or is it a one-off?

For a one-off, buy one of those computerised remote controls with the right features, and feed the analog PWM signal into the decoder section of a remote receiver. This bypasses the RF sections.

For a product, there is a large community out there, doing servo magic with PIC controllers. Try comp.arch.embedded or one of the various PIC lists.

For instance, you could contact this guy (first hit on google for "servo tester pic":

Personally, I wouldn't use the controller he did, but even so it can do the job.

His PIC program already does some of the features you want. It would only take a few man-days to add your scaling function plus neutral setting.

Kind regards,

Iwo

Reply to
Iwo Mergler

Why go to all that trouble when you can just buy a JR RC Xmitter on ebay for a few $$$?

David

mark wrote:

Reply to
quietguy