Need info on breakdown voltages of resistors

I'm looking for information on breakdown voltages of resistors of various types (leaded, chip, thin film) etc. I did a quick search but couldn't find a direct document.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards, Mike

Reply to
siliconmike

In message , dated Mon, 28 Aug 2006, siliconmike writes

Manufacturers' data sheets include this information. For example:

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

0603 surface mount, about 1600 volts.

John

Tell us a little more about the specific resistors you had in mind and maybe we can help. All of the ones you mentioned are all different with various package sizes within each family.

Reply to
Mook Johnson

What kind of voltages are you intending to use ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I do not see that; i see only what they call "limiting element voltage, max" which is not the same as a breakdown voltage. And in fact, all of the resistor mfg data sheets that i have seen state a maximum raing, and *not* a breakdown voltage.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Good point; i would recommend useage below the maximum rating, even if that means that one needs to buy mre of a smaller value and take upp space having them in series.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Well, what do you mean by 'breakdown voltage'? If you can only put, say,

200 V across a resistor without a risk of it changing value, that's the maximum voltage you are permitted to apply. 'Breakdown voltage' is mostly associated with insulation, including air-gaps, apart from the different meaning in connection with semiconductors.