Cheap reliable tactile switches?

I'm on the lookout for a cheap but reliable tactile SPST momentary push button key. Switching requirement is of the order of micro-amps, since it would be interfaced with a microprocessor. The application is a device to be used in Automobile. And the switch could be pressed on an average 10 times a day.

- approximate price target is USD 0.1

- size should be small like 5 to 7 mm dia

- temperature would be less than 70 deg, but operating relative humidity could go up to a maximum say, 80%

- it should be able to withstand "repetitive-hard-press" abuse from say, a kid (do I remember someone!).

Any hints? Mike

Reply to
siliconmike

Hi,

As long as you need a micro anyway, here is a way to make a 'touch switch' out of any metal contact...

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan