need fm amplifier schematic 5-10 W

Hello, i am searching for FM amplifier power of 5 to 10 watts, can anyone give me or suggest what schematic to use, and please, let it be simple. If is it possible, give me links only to amplifiers who work on 12VDC. Thanks and sorry on bad english

Reply to
Ivan

What frequency? 88-108 MHz? Where do you plan on using this?

Reply to
mpm

What frequency? 88-108 MHz?

---------- Yup, 88-108 MHz

Where do you plan on using this?

------------------- Only for testing purposes for my baccalaureate (graduate, last 4th class in high school, i don't know how to name it) It will be tested in front of teachers for 15 mins and i don't know what will i do after that. For info: i have radio amateur license in croatia

Reply to
Ivan

So why not build a 5-10W amplifier for one of the ham bands rather than the FM broadcast band? That way it'll not only be legal, but if you want to make your life a little easier you can build an HF amplifier and not worry about "proper" RF design as much (i.e., everything will still behave very closed to a "lumped" element and you won't have to worry about parasitics nearly so much or figure out clever ways get rid of those 100fF capacitors that your filter design program says you need...)

The ARRL handbook has *many* amplifiers in it.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

If you're in the US, you would be violating the law with this output power.

Also, your Amateur license from Croatia is irrelevant, unless perhaps, you were building this in Croatia.

Or, you could operate it inside a shielded enclosure or screen room, or into a resistive dummy load. The key is to limit radiated emissions. In the US, you can't broadcast on 88-108 MHz with any appreciable power without a license. Research FCC Rule 15.209 for more assistance.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

--

I live and i build that amplifier in Croatia. But i can be pirate radio
amateur for what, like 15 mins?

Since you are already in school, perhaps you should consider taking a course in Engineering Ethics.

Not only are you willing to violate the law, you are asking folks here to help you do it.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

They don't have laws in the former Yugoslav republics, not since Tito died.

Reply to
sprocket