Need analog switch

I'm working on a remote switchbox for s-video for my home entertainment system.

I need some analog switches with resistance of 20 ohms or less (assuming s-video is feeding 50 ohm loads). 4 (dual) inputs to one (dual) output.

Handy if available in DIP, but I can handle SOIC. Cheap is also good.

Thanks, Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

Did it occur to you to have a look at the manufacturers webpages ? What did you come up with ?

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Yes, mostly clones of cd4051's with about 80 ohms. Some nifty ones from Analog Devices with no prices quotes below 1000 each. Some really pricey ones from DigiKey.

I can't be the first guy who would like a 4051 8x1 analog gate with better resistance specs.

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

and it looks like

75 ohms.
Reply to
Fred Bloggs

I'd go for buffered type switches, it means you can properly terminate the video sources, rather than depend on the intrinsic on resistance of the switches. Maxim had a reasonable range, last time I looked, a year or so ago. BTW video is 75 ohm not 50

Cheap... well if the box lasts for 5 years, does it matter if the mux is 10? or 3??

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

There are parts such as the Fairchild FSAV430QSCX 4-channel 1-of-2 switch. About USD 1.50 in 100's. 7 ohms max, and rated for high-res video frequencies.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Bingo. $6 from Linear Tech!

(75 ohms for video - shame on me, 50 ohms is for vertical antennas)

Reply to
Luhan

Only because I tend to do a bulk purchase when I find a generally useful part. 10 at least, usually 25 to 50.

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

There's a rather large set of 74hc4051 parts from various manufacturers with dramatically-lower Ron specs. Yes, it's true they have lower maximum supply voltages, but that's the tradeoff we have for our MOS and CMOS integrated circuits.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

LT1024 ???

This is not a MUX !!

Reply to
Donald

Made that (binary) mistake myself. Check the number again. 1024 is familiar a 2^10, the part number is LT1204.

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

The parts list is clear and wrong.

22 3 4:1 Video MUX DIP Linear Technology LT1024 U3,U5,U6

The schematic is clear and wrong also.

But the author of this site:

;-)

Reply to
Donald

I like the HA4314 4-to-1 video mux which exists also as the AD8184. It is not expensive and both can be gotten from Digikey and Radiospares.

--DF

Reply to
Deefoo

Maxim has some low resistance Switches. Then there are a few from Siliconix,

Another option would be tristate output amplifiers, of which BurrBrown and Linear Tech has some. Have a look at the LT1203, a 150MHz video multiplexer.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

So what?- He consistently calls out the LT1204 in the write-up, and that is a mux "!!!".

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

you can try these analog switch ADG451, ADG452, ADG511. I brought low qty 2pcs for $18/ea.

Very low resistance and easy to use.

-- Best Regards, Lim Siong Boon

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.sg

Siong Boon