Need a Beep Detector

Please forgive me if this has already been covered here.

I need an electronic "beep detector". When my "beep, beep, beep, beep" alarm is going off, I want to have an electronic device that interprets that and sends an electronic signal letting me know (perhaps to turn on a flashing light). The tone and spacing of the beeps may vary and there may be some background noise. Does such an electronic device exist? If not, would it be easy to create using existing technology?

Thanks,

Russ

Reply to
Russ

Does it have to be electronic?

I was thinking about a dog.

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my pants!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

You could probably put one together pretty easily starting with

Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to
Rich Webb

Couldn't you just connect a LED across the speaker?

Cheers, Nicholas Sherlock

--
http://www.sherlocksoftware.org
Reply to

The light will not be connected to the speaker. They will be part of 2 separate machines and may be up to 100' apart from each other.

Reply to
Russ

Amplifier -> Filter -> Logics..

Reply to