Lighted steps, switched/timer for 110 volt

I installed rope lighting down my steps and put security mats under the bottom and top steps. Since allot of my home is X10 I tried an MS13a Motion detector, I was half way down my steps before they came on!! lol So I thought I'd try an X10 PRO Powerflash Burglar Alarm Interface PSC01, Again half way down the steps! Well now I'm looking for a circuit strictly for this. The security mats just close a loop so if anyone has seen this type of circuit, or circuit board please let me know! My knowledge level is just an old time electronic geek that can't remember the calculations to create his own circuit! But I can solder one if I had a parts list and schematic! I would like the timer set between 20 sec and 1or2 min! Thanks! Shawn

Reply to
shawn

I installed rope lighting down my steps and put security mats under the bottom and top steps. Since allot of my home is X10 I tried an MS13a Motion detector, I was half way down my steps before they came on!! lol So I thought I'd try an X10 PRO Powerflash Burglar Alarm Interface PSC01, Again half way down the steps! Well now I'm looking for a circuit strictly for this. The security mats just close a loop so if anyone has seen this type of circuit, or circuit board please let me know! My knowledge level is just an old time electronic geek that can't remember the calculations to create his own circuit! But I can solder one if I had a parts list and schematic! I would like the timer set between 20 sec and 1or2 min! Thanks! Shawn

Reply to
shawn

You can make a timer simply. Go here:

Scroll down to monostable.

You really ought to fix the sensor(s). 1/2 way down the stairs before it "knows" you're there is unacceptable performance.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr