My rant...

Here? Layout, firmware, test, ME, manager.

PPoE: Verification/validation, design rules, modeling, architecture, performance analysis, compatibility (software and hardware), documentation, layout, timing, power distribution, thermal management, hardware test, packaging, and probably a hundred other tasks, depending on the product. Of course, add 10% for engineering managers. There was a group of (at one time at least) a couple of hundred engineers in corporate purchasing. There is also the software side of the business, where there are a lot of EEs, too.

When I graduated, there was already an EECS degree (known as CompE). It was still a mostly hardware curriculum, though. In fact I graduated with all the courses I needed for that degree, except one, but chose to keep the EE degree; less restrictive. ;-) My nephew is an EE (not CompE) but has never done any design at all. He's an embedded software type, only.

Reply to
krw

I like the gun that "The Suits" have in "Avatar".

Reply to
BigBalls

I think a vote weighted on IQ would be better. There are very smart people in all walks of life. But it still doesn?t solve the problem with greasy politicians who lie thru their nose, and most of them probably make more than you. So much for that natural feedback idea.

Martin Riddle

wrote

driver's

hold

Take the gyms out of prsions and bring back the rock piles. Feed them enough to work, only if they work. Teach them real job skills, and change the 'Three strikes' law to 'Three strikes and you die, live on TV'.

Get rid of Juvenil court system. A crime is either a misdemenor or a felony and your criminal history is for life. Teach them from the time they can talk that they are responsible for their actions. Period.

There would be a lot less lefties out there. They would either behave, or die in prison because they refused to work and starved to death. There would be a lot less lawyers if they couldn't make millions getting some sick bastard a deal in the courtroom.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Are you kidding? There are people who can get a very high score that are too stupid to come in out of the rain in a hurricane.

Only allow politicans to earn a maximum of double the poverty level. No huge pensions after a few years in office, and allowed no better health care than what is provided to the average Veteran. Then see how many still want to 'serve'.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

[snip]

Repeating myself...

In Martin's ideal world, everyone would be a member of Mensa. Having been a member of Mensa, I can assure you they're primarily populated by fatheads who think they should be paid according to their IQ, NOT according to their productivity... heaven forbid we should include the word "productive" in a liberal's vocabulary ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Unfortunately most only qualify to join 'Densa'

I've had a few people tell me, "I'm a member of Mensa." right after I graduated from High School. I just smiled and asked, "Then why did you call me to fix your TV? It's something you should be able to do in your sleep, with a mind like yours. After all, I was building radios at eight and fixing TVs at 13."

I don't know what my IQ is. The counselors at school kept trying to tell me, but I told them that I didn't care what it was. They kept trying to push me into fields other than electronics, and I just wasn't interested.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I was thinking exactly the same thing as soon as someone said "I.Q."

Reply to
flipper

Well, some do refer to it as the 'Idiot Quotient'. :)