My Most Wacky Electronic Design Ideas

snip

Well I had had one or two beers so the recall is not so hot. But yes, the laser did splash around quite a bit, there were also strobe lights and loud music so it was a little hard to come to grips with it all. The water line to the shower head was transparent, and I think the laser was embedded into it somehow.

I'm willing to go back there sometime, stay sober and take precise notes, purely for the purpose of R&D. Direct expenses only would be charged.

Yes, but she looked better. Amazing how good, poor gals like that look, they must be poor, none of them could afford clothes.

Quite bright in the room, but the room was was pretty dark, they all are.

Oh yes, every one of them!

Just another risk these lovely ladies seem to enjoy.

Reply to
Barry Lennox

No, mouse scents (or brain waves) from the circuit. I don't know what exactly it generate, but it attracts the mouse. Again, it is closely guarded secret and some part of it patented.

The zapping part is easy. High voltage stepped up from 6V batteries.

Reply to
linnix

On 1 Jan 2007 14:40:12 -0800, "linnix" Gave us:

I didn't write this. Learn to respond to the right part of the post in the right post.

Note that my method involved NO zapping part.

HV doesn't guarantee zappage either.

Reply to
JoeBloe

Not applied to strip clubs that I know of, but has been used on fountains already. Laser light? Like a tunable dye laser? that would be expensive - high power leds on the strip club scale - fountains use filtered Xenon short arc lamps.

All kinds of cheesy LED jewelry on the market - stylish? no; Cheesy in my opinion. Beautiful? Ditto

That was done in an Pop or Radio electronics issue in the 60's worked well - keys are neat, some insects, air leaks, etc..

default

Not applied to strip clubs that I know of, but has been used on fountains already. Laser light? Like a tunable dye laser? that would be expensive - high power leds on the strip club scale - fountains use filtered Xenon short arc lamps.

All kinds of cheesy LED jewelry on the market - stylish? no; Cheesy in my opinion. Beautiful? Ditto

That was done in an Pop or Radio electronics issue in the 60's worked well - keys are neat, some insects, air leaks, etc..

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

120,000+ Newsgroups

--------------------- About Exotic Dancer Lighting Effect

Laser light was just a first guess. But I did think about the optics a bit.... Light would beam through a glass window in an elbow plumbing pipe to light up the water before the shower head.

When you mentioned LED and Xenon, it gave me a new idea...I wonder if a digital projector would be bright enough to light up the water? Projectors are what...something like $1000 to $2000 CAD.. All sorts of colors and patterns could be computer generated.

Oh nooo...no ..no :) Somebody please kill that idea... :) D

------------

Reply to
D from BC

An elbow just before the head might not be ideal if you want a stream to light up the way they do in fountains. The elbow creates turbulence and the desired effect in a fountain is to keep the flow laminar so the column of water becomes a light pipe. A plastic light pipe inside the tube before the nozzle might be better.

Projector would be a neat idea. Easily controlled, and could be retrofitted to clubs, bars, DJs, etc. with and without showers - a ready market. Downside may be blinding light if intense beams are used. Make it sound controllable with an algorithm to sense "mood" as well as programmable and the market is larger.

default

By the way, how about fixing your USENET news program so that it marks what is included from the previous post "quoting" correctly. Yes, this is a directive.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

A gallant repurposing of an old 11/03, 'twas old even then.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

{clipped from previous post} By the way, how about fixing your USENET news program so that it marks what is included from the previous post "quoting" correctly. Yes, this is a directive.

-- JosephKK Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.   --Schiller .

------------ Everything just looks like text files at my end. I've been wondering about those ">" characters though.. I'll have to do some usenet newbie reading. Sometimes I just jump into the water to see if there's sharks. :)

At least I'm bottom posting :) D

Reply to
D from BC

No, D from BC _didn't_ write this, joseph2k wrote this.

D from BC has not yet figured out how to configure his newsreader to quote properly, and doesn't yet know to _not_ put his response _after_ the signature delimiter.

D from BC, what newsreader are you using? Do you know how to read instructions?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Regarding my post quoting problem..

I'm using an old Newleecher v2 if that's the bug.. Probably just me. :) I'm reading about post quoting now and posting ethics. I'll be reviewing my news program too and anything else that might be going wrong. Hopefully my next post is a sparkling example of proper posting and replies.

If I don't feel like a newbie, I'm not learning anything :) D

Reply to
D from BC

This too shall pass. I have been on USENET since 1983 and i am still learning things frequently. I also try to pass on things that i have learned here and elsewhere.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

[snip]

K...just replying to do some usenet convention field testing.

1) I reduced the size of my previous message (over trimmed I think) to reduce reading time. And then included at top so that your response below is more clear what the subject is.. 2) Trying out the "snip" note to show I'm editing out my own previous post. 3) I'm using a newsreader that uses the > characters 4) I'm trying out a basic signature... 5) Checking out Agents spell checker too... D from BC
Reply to
D from BC

I thought it was the posing as a designer, when the posts didn't really fit the rality.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

So far so good.