my methane detector is always fluctuating, waiting your help?

i have bought some Pyroelectric Detector and ir bulb from a company, and made my infrared methane sensor.Now I had some problems

1 the data denotes the concentration of methane in our display is changing in a short rang(about 700ppm). the principle for the detecting is ndir.who can help me, waiting your help urgently.
Reply to
qinshaop668

Don't eat broccoli before your testing sessions.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

I had a coworker that could set off our alcohol detector with his halitosis in the morning.

default

"default =D0=B4=B5=C0=A3=BA "

t News=3D=3D----

Newsgroups

=3D---- can you tell me how to contact him, thank you

Reply to
=?gb2312?B?x9jJ2ca9?=

That was a joke

?¸ö?»°

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Sadly, that was no joke. We had the oven sensor in the lab to check the operation and he deliberately breathed into it when he got in one morning and set it off.

Ketones do it - Another incidence when the highway patrol set up a road block on an highway one night. One out of five northbound drivers were found to be "drunk." Turned out an industrial plant along the road was releasing high levels of ketones from a chemical cracking process. Weather, topographical features and the weight of the vapor was leaving a high concentration of effluent along the road.

The highway patrol was choking up the road with pulled over cars and calling for tow trucks and vans to haul off the miscreants when a patrolman with a few more brain cells decided something was amiss. He took one of the detectors in his car southbound and it started alarming.

Another incident - some trucker had an alcohol fueled catalytic heater in his truck. He was pulled and found to be drunk and hadn't had a drink.

Those hot wire / catalyst bridge detectors aren't all that specific to the vapor or gas they are supposed to detect.

default

I'm still a little taken aback that anyone would work for someone that makes them take a breathalyzer test just to go to work.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria