music!

Insane, indeed! Coincidentally, I hit the National.com site yesterday to look up a part, and was shocked to hear sound blaring from my headphones. What a shocker.

Tom

Reply to
tlbs101

You should send the CEO of National a "Thank You!" email, explaining that because of their really bad website, you gave up and went to TI where you found a lot of ICs you will be using, from now on.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Porn? Aren't the App notes kinky enough for you?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I gave up on that long ago. Did that with Infineon, ST, Philips and so on. They didn't listen. They'll figure it out in time. Or maybe not...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Late at night, by candle light, John Larkin penned this immortal opus:

"Content on this webpage requires a newer version of Macromedia Flash Player. Do you want to download it now?"

Just say Cancel.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to

I have copied each and every negative posting from this thread to National's comments/feedback section (directed to "webmaster" choice).

Reply to
Robert Baer

Don't get your hopes up too high that this would lead to them hiring competent web designers or marketeers or whoever decides that stuff. I've tried it with numerous companies. Even IEEE re their IMHO rather pathetic foray into "virtual communities" and they didn't listen, and at least there it's mostly engineers. Quite sad, actually.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Joerg,

Have you read "Putt's Law and the Successful Technocrat" by chance?

It's published by the IEEE, so at least they're not completely blindsighted these days. :-)

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

And I assume it's only available through Explore and they want you to pay big bucks. It's pathetic, here we are paying north of $200 in member fees and then you can't even get decently priced accees.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

It's a book, actually:

If you go to an IEEE conference and pay the standard many-hundreds-of-dollars registration, there's usually an IEEE book table that'll give you 20% off -- less than what Amazon does. :-)

I agree, access to IEEE Explore is one of the most useful benefits they can offer members, and yet they still charge an arm and a leg for it.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

That, and the virtual communities if they finally would get a clue and migrate the VC to a newsgroup format. However, they do not appear to listen too well to member input. I must confess that I have, at times, toyed with the idea of dumping my IEEE membership. Have renewed for this year but not sure about next. Problem is, more and more people seem to do just that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I stopped my IEE membership around 1964, or there-abouts, when they made the Proceedings an extra expense and went to the Spectrum crap.

I renewed about five years ago, simply to get access to SSCS.

But now I qualify for old-age rates ;-)

...Jim Thompson