Need help connecting actuator switch

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do a Halloween project with my kids. The idea is simple

-- to have a box filled with candy (and a spooky surprise) that can be opened using a linear actuator. I purchased a Thomson actuator on EBay that came attached to an actuator switch (MSC-2041). The switch box opens and it is already pre-connected to the actuator. Inside are two additional open terminals labeled "AC COM" and "120 VAC". I am completely new to this kind of stuff, but I assume this is how you connect the switch to power.

Can I simply use an old lamp cord to attach to these terminals? If so, how do I attach? IE Does the black wire go to "AC COM" and the red wire to "120 VAC", or the reverse? I know this is probably a completely naive question but after a bunch of research on the web I'm at a loss to find out how to turn this thing on, and Halloween is just a couple days away!

Thanks in advance for any help! Cheers,

-Kevin

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: switch.jpg | |Download:
kevlemo
Reply to
kevlemo

The AC common would go to the neutral wire, that is the wire that goes to the wide blade of the plug, which also goes to the ribbed side of the lamp cord if you are using a newer lamp cord.

Sounds like fun!

Reply to
hrhofmann

The white wire is the AC common / neutral. Red, Black, or Blue would be a hot lead.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk