Tektronix Scope - Slide Switch Problems - What type of safe lubricant

Hi... The Tek scope that I recently acquired has a number of front panel slide switches that do not operate very well. Most have a rough action and are sometimes difficult to move back and forth. I tried using Craig labs DeOxit, which seems to clean up any electrical problems but I need some type of lubricant which would be safe, electrically.

I would prefer to just replace the switches, but I've searched high and low. It seems that my only alternative is to recondition the originals.

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks - jim

Reply to
Jim Flanagan

somewhere on my files

or
is reconditioning of slide switches

N Cook

DeoxIT Gold contains a lubricant. Those Caig products are brilliant for cleaning switches, contacts and pots. Pity no-one in Aus seems to stock them - or do they?

Cheers, MK.

Reply to
Matthew Kirkcaldie

I get ours from Caprina.