MP3 bit rate / sampling rate.

That's a typical mp3 data rate.

I don't understand what you're saying here.

Because mp3 doesn't encode in fixed numbers of bits per sample.

CD audio = 44.1k samples/sec * 16 bits/ch * 2 channels. = 1.4112 Mbps

mp3 encoded music is anything typically between 64 and 320 kbps. It's a form of lossy compression.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Hi All, I want to clarify some basic questions of MP3.

44.1KHz, 128Kbps

44.1KHz, sample a wav file 44.1*1000 times in one second. ( no doubt)

128Kbps The total bit(s) per second.

Both are realated to music quality.

Q: Why MP3 format use kbps, not 16bit / 8bit. Boki: User choice MP3 quality first, then the Mp3 codec convert content that not more then xxxKbps.

WAV file size calculation:

sampling rate * stereo * bit rate(?) * time(second) = 44.1K * 2 * 16bit * 60(s) = 10.09368896484375 (MB)

am I right ?

Reply to
<rechel99

Thanks for answer!

Best regards, Boki.

"Pooh Bear" ???????: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com...

Reply to
<bokiteam

You're welcome. Btw - I suspect when hard drive technology has advanced a few more years and everyone has high speed broadband, I bet everyone will wonder why they ever bothered with shitty mp3 files !

Then Apple can make another killing by selling wav players - or is that aiff players in apple speak ( or whatever ? ).

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

um.. new codec.... new format ... new ... :D

"Pooh Bear" ???????: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com...

Reply to
<yumiwu33