Motion in support or reject EV charging chip reader?

Arranging one FSD charger is much easier than all FSD chargee. The FSD charger must also be limited to 5 to 10 miles per hours and much less weight to carry around.

I'll write a proposal to CARB. They might fund my crazy idea. I am entitled to good and bad ideas once in a while.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Actually, my original thinking is flying drones. The chargee attach to a stationary buffer battery. The drones shuttle electrons back and forth from the base station. The transfer voltage can be in the 10,000 volts, 10 feet up in the air, without human intervention.

Reply to
Ed Lee

LOL

Reply to
Rick C

great idea, just need to have an onboard generator run it on diesel or better yet coal or firewood to make it perfect..

would make Rube Goldberg proud

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

How about Nuclear? But no need to have it mobile, running in base station is good enough.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Alternatively, solar during the day and hydro at night and bio-diesel backup. The site i am thinking about is next to a body of water and plenty of land for solar. Just pump water up the hill with the sun and hydro-electric when the sun is resting.

Reply to
Ed Lee

too efficient, not enough emissions, if you are going to make a dumb inefficient and pointless system you might as well go all the way

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Sounds great. Everyone for miles around can drive to this charger as long as they get home with enough charge to return to charge the next day.

How about storing charge in batteries instead of hydro? Then you can put the chargers anywhere you want. The batteries can even be built into the car and moved around with the vehicle! I need to patent that idea!!!

Reply to
Rick C

Maybe inefficient but not pointless. We, EV drivers, are always mindful of coming back to MOVE OUR CAR after charging. Plugs will get disconnected but we are still disgraced for blocking the space.

With my system, you just park, plug in and come back whenever you want.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Water is cleaner than Lithium. Many critical sites happen to be near body of water.

Reply to
Ed Lee

On Monday, 11 October 2021 at 09:05:32 UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: ..

... Tesla's already done it:

ke...

Yeah, but it's going to take Ed Lee to commercialize it which he won't do because he's going to build the Jules Verne flying monkey charger powered by geothermal/wave/hydro/wind/solar/highway vibration energy.

Reply to
Rick C

and waste energy, time, and batteries, ...

make the plug long enough to reach a few spots and charge by the minute for parking there when you are not charging

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Yes, that's what Tesla does, 10 or 5 minute grace and then $1 a minute.

Ed Lee has many silly ideas all based around his personal preferences which are not shared by many, so not likely to be implemented.

Reply to
Rick C

That's rather impossible for DCFC's thick cable.

Reply to
Ed Lee

The goal is to provide 20 to 30 miles out of the site. So, perhaps 10kWHr of local storage. After that, you are dropped to the end of the queue.

Reply to
Ed Lee

10kWHr?? most electric cars have more than 5 times that
Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

So, battery cost should not be an issue. Just enough to get to the next station 30 miles away. Not every car would need to charge there. But an option for some.

Reply to
Ed Lee

so the equivalent of a tow truck

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Some of the local farmers coops have locations that are open for part of the day. The gas pumps work 24/7. Some of the pumps have no roof but work with cards. I think there's a discount if it's the coops card rather the Visa/Mastercard. Some are set up like this. The little white Cardtrol box lets one choose which pump to activate. My former employers bought gas at a similar setup.

There are a few of these around.
y I have no idea if they're designed differently than the better covered ones or what to look for. We get mostly rain or outright snow. Sleet and freezing rain do happen but not terribly often.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman