mosfet drivers 4422 in an H bridge

Has anyone used the very impressive and low cost mosfet drivers in an H bridge to drive a motor directly? The 4422 is rated at 2A cont,

9amp peak. My motor draws is about 3 - 5 amps.

On the net I found someone driving small motors directly with the

3amp 4424 dual mosfet driver.

I will need 2 x 4422 to make an H bridge, but thinking I could even parallel the 4422 (4 total) for more current capacity.

Anyone have experience with these devices?

Reply to
lentildude

It is bad idea to use them to drive motor directly. On resistance is about

1.4 Ohm per channel which make 2.8 Ohm per device. with 3A it makes 8.4W. So you should use TO-220 (5pin) wersion. I don't think it will be low cost or small.

Try small mosfets in SO-8 Package. for example SI9433DY or STS7NF30L. there are many versions. Single transistor in package, N-channel + P-channel.. and so on

Regards CosteC

Reply to
CosteC