more gw stuff

John

Seems like a lot of sloppy work has gone on.

John

How to lie with statistics ?:-)

MIT scientists were also the ones who immediately debunked the cold fusion fraud. So they were criticized of NIH for several years until other researchers finally showed the same results.

The global warming crowd will ignore, and probably poo poo, this report, because it doesn't show what they want to see.

I'll not be kind, like the MIT report, and presume that Michael Mann just made an error... I'll call it out and out leftist weenie fraud (probably paid for by Al Gore ;-)

...Jim Thompson

No Shit, Sherlock! ;-D

I think Al and his minions believe that if they can get enough people to wring their hands, gnash their teeth, and rend their garments, that Al et al can miraculously save us from this horrible, agonizing death that's awaiting us all - maybe inevitable, maybe not: Ya gotta have FAITH!!!!!

Of course, everybody's known since time immemorial that you have to be a member of the right cult to get into Heaven on Judgement Day.

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

The graph in her page of temperature as a function of year appears to me to be for Detroit Lakes Inne, 46.8 N, 95.8 W, with a peak at 2000 and a couple 1-year gaps centered around 1983 and 1997, with a caption "Mind the gap".

I have yet to see a link to sites explaining or showing how 1934 was warmest year, 1921 was 3rd-warmest, etc.

I read a daily newspaper that had years having Michelle Malkin as a syndicated columnist. I see her as such a wingnut that this newspaper with a left-leaning editorial writing group and main editorial cartoonist could be accused of choosing her to make the right wing appear less credible, since in my experience she has often appeared to me to do that with her strident parroting of wingnut lines. This is a newspaper that has a heavily Democrat customer area (Philadelphia Daily News).

Meanwhile, I see 2005 being hotter than 1998 in:

Don Klipstein

It all depends where you are and where you measure. As it says in the NASA study, quote: "The temperature anomaly time series presented here were calculated in a way that did not require knowing the actual mean temperature of the Earth in these inaccessible areas such as mountain tops and remote parts of the Sahara Desert where there are no regularly reporting weather stations."

I guess they must have left out our area east of Sacramento, CA as well. Since about 1997 average temps went downhill. To the point where we can use the pool only three months out of a year instead of six, and need five cords of wood to keep the house warm instead of the usual two. If we hadn't gotten a pool cover it might not have been useful at all in some years. In the 90's we didn't need pool covers. So yeah, it's a matter of perspective IMHO and people seem to pick the data most suitable for their agenda.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

OK. Michelle Malkin is hot.

Incorrigible punster -- Do not incorrige.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Yeah, but, she reminds me of the earnest but clueless girls I knew in high sachool. I watch her with the sound muted and get the best of both worlds.

Reply to
Richard Henry

That's why God made ball gags.

8-)
Happily doing the work of 3 Men ... Moe, Larry & Curly
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.