Modem AT commands -- confucious

Your previously stated purpose for the machine.

You did. You came here posting in a braindead manner.

Only when using your inadequate definition of machine.

Reply to
JosephKK

Dear "Braindeader",

I AM the OP.

Read again -- closely.

I NEVER stated a purpose for it.

Reply to
mkr5000

I don't see anything more specific than:

Did I miss something?

Reply to
Nobody

yes, you need to know and understand the voice commands, I've not found them well documented, but you might find something in the ini "driver" file for your modem.

probably you are not setting the modem up right, (not giving the right commands before dialing)

there exists software to play sound out of the modem, use it as an answering machine etc. so much more is possible,

Reply to
Jasen Betts

usually it has to be [0.5sec pause]+++[0.5sec pause]

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Sounds like he's doing computerized telemarketing.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Another application would be to get a message to a bunch of people- for example, if school is cancelled because of snow, or a baseball game is cancelled because of rain.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Perhaps other recurrent threads in this group? Not to mention that computer telemarketing (which is a frequent and annoying part of the calls i receive), which is exactly what has been described (so far).

Reply to
JosephKK

Like this?

Cheers! Rich