Re: Modem genius wanted

On Feb 9, 4:56 pm, snipped-for-privacy@posie.local.dom (Mike) wrote:

In article , > >   wrote: > >I CANNOT get any response to my dialout command (ATDT13174446354 & cr) > > You really need an AT command set, and to read the thing end to end! In > the old days, modems came with a proper manual (on dead tree) that explai

ned

all this in gruesome detail. > > Have you accidentally stored settings that will turn off some of the > responses? You used to be able to adjust the level of reporting from the > modem. From my old modem manual ... > > ATQ0 Result messages turned on ATQ1 Result messages turned off > > ATV0 Result codes as numeric > ATV1 Result codes as words > ATX0 Result codes: Basic. Dialling is blind, regardless of dial tone. >      "CONNECT" will be returned on getting a remote modem. > ATX1 Result codes: Extended. Modem now indicates connection speed in CONN

ECT

     response, e.g. "CONNECT 1200" (haha! How quaint ...) > ATX2 As X1, but with dial tone detect > ATX3 As X1, but with busy tone detect > ATX4 As X1, but with busy AND dial detect > Modem codes (not exhaustive, but the ones you'd need) > 0       OK > 1       CONNECT    (you won't see this for voice use?) > 2       RING       (incoming) > 6       NO DIAL TONE > 7       BUSY > 8       NO ANSWER > 33      FAX > > Newer modems can, I think, detect "VOICE" as a response, but I don't > know how they manage it. "It's sound, it's not a modem, it's not a fax, > it's not call progress tones or DTMF, therefore voice?" > > >problems whatsoever, but I don't get any AT response......(like RING, > > RING is in response to incoming calls. It keeps saying "RING" whenever > the modem detects an incoming ring. > > >These are "connection progress" messages I should be getting from the > >originating modem to it's PC and after all. like I say, I get an OK on > >any other good command. > > Try ATQ0 ATV1 ATX4 and see what happens. Maybe you'll get more responses

back?

Does this particular Hayes like modem have options to cause it to dump it's command set and full blown status report? I used to find those very enlightening as far as options go. Which company's Hayes clone is this, by the way?

See Q and V

html

The Basic Hayes Command Set In alphabetical order:

Table B.1. Basic Hayes Command Set

Command Description Comments A0 or A Answer incoming call A/ Repeat last command Don't preface with AT. Enter usually aborts. B0 or B Call negotiation V32 Mode/CCITT Answer Seq. B1 Call negotiation Bell 212A Answer Seq. B2 Call negotiation Verbose/Quiet On Answer D Dial Dial the following number and then handshake in originate mode.

P Pulse Dial

T Touch Tone Dial

W Wait for the second dial tone

, Pause for the time specified in register S8 (usually 2 seconds

; Remain in command mode after dialing.

! Flash switch-hook (Hang up for a half second, as in transferring a call.

L Dial last number

E0 or E No Echo Will not echo commands to the computer E1 Echo Will echo commands to the computer (so one can see what one types) H0 Hook Status On hook - Hang up H1 Hook status Off hook - phone picked up I0 or I Inquiry, Information, or Interrogation This command is very model specific. I0 usually returns a number or code, while higher numbers often provide much more useful information. L0 or L Speaker Loudness. Modems with volume control knobs will not have these options. Off or low volume L1 Low Volume L2 Medium Volume L3 Loud or High Volume M0 or M Speaker off M3 is also common, but different on many brands M1 Speaker on until remote carrier detected (i.e. until the other modem is heard) M2 Speaker is always on (data sounds are heard after CONNECT) N0 or N Handshake Speed Handshake only at speed in S37 N1 Handshake at highest speed larger than S37 O0 or O Return Online See also X1 as dial tone detection may be active. O1 Return Online after an equalizer retrain sequence Q0 or Q1 Quiet Mode Off - Displays result codes, user sees command responses (e.g. OK) Q1 Quiet Mode On - Result codes are suppressed, user does not see responses. Sn? Query the contents of S-register n Sn=r Store Store the value of r in S-register n V0 or V Verbose Numeric result codes V1 English result codes (e.g. CONNECT, BUSY, NO CARRIER etc.) X0 or X Smartmodem Hayes Smartmodem 300 compatible result codes X1 Usually adds connection speed to basic result codes (e.g. CONNECT

1200 X2 Usually adds dial tone detection (preventing blind dial, and sometimes preventing AT0) X3 Usually adds busy signal detection X4 Usually adds both busy signal and dial tone detection Z0 or Z Reset Reset modem to stored configuration. Use Z0, Z1 etc. for multiple profiles. This is the same as &F for factory default on modems without NVRAM (non voltaile memory)
Reply to
Greegor

,

Try here for some voice modem AT commands that might work:

GIYF.

Reply to
JosephKK