Mike's new Spice

A bit vague, at present.

He was at the Amp Hour podcast a while ago talking about the new simulator

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Hmm. The Senate and People of Rome is an odd emblem for a software company, but then many folks drink coffee from places that are named after a character in Moby Dick and whose logo is the rather unsavory goddess Ishtar.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

names him as the last good emperor, and he rather post-dates the Senate and People of Rome. Wikipedia labels him a Stoic philosopher.

Quite what Mike Engelhardt has in mind escapes me - my classical education wasn't great - but invoking Marcus Aurelius probably puts him a cut above Starbuck's Ishtar.

It may be worth noting that Starbucks was commercial failure in Sydney, which takes coffee seriously. Campos coffee is a whole lot better than anything Starbucks ever sold, and it started off next to the Sydney University campus.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

Marcus Aurelius is one of the Five Good Emperors and Stoicism is fashionable again.

No way. "Battlestar Galactica" :) ( I keed ).

I've known baristas. SB has cult-like qualities but mainly it's aversion training to avoid customer-facing anything.

It's the perfect symbol.

"Many of her myths involve her taking over the domains of other deities."

Les Cargill