Microcontroller based portable audio player using Flash Card

Hi I am Arunkumaran Varadharajan from India. I am currently doing my bachelors in electrical and electronics engineering. I am contemplating about taking up the portable audio player using falsh card(MMC) as my final year project. I have only 6 weeks to complete it. I wish to know your views on its viability (both cost and time).I am looking at the basic audio formats only and not the advanced ones like mp3 etc..

I am very new to microcontrollers. Please suggest the one that nest suits this application.

kind regards Arunkumaran Varadharajan

Reply to
Arun

In 6 weeks ? Forget it.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

PhattyMo

First off DON'T use a "false" card ;-)

...Jim Thompson

6 weeks ? That makes a week to evaluate components, a week to draw the pcb, another week to become familiar with the tools, get the pcb, another week to debug the hardware, implement the basic audio format, eg. raw sampling. That'd leave two weeks as spare. Nevertheless a very thight schedule. The problems is that not all information is accessible. I recently spent 2 weeks on the SDcard, to little avail. The project went back to Dataflash. What happens iif the work is not complete ?

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Google has lots of kits with source code included. :-)

Reply to
Donald

This one is good

Piglit