keys

I'm confused. When I program my unit it tell me to ?*?. What keys do I hit. Or better yet, what is ?*?

Reply to
Robert Long

Even better, tell us what this "unit" is ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

My unit came pre-programmed.

etpm

a trolling unit

Reply to
tabbypurr

The internet is your friend.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

I would have guessed he was asking about keyboard keys not working, not regular expressions.

Is it? That same internet that foments conspiracy theories like mushrooms after a rain and gives nobodies who would be ignored shouting from a street corner rapt audiences?

The internet is powerful, but not friendly.

Elijah

------ advice on replacing the keyswitches would require more information

Reply to
Eli the Bearded

Sounds like a questions involving military hardware. 56th Artillery is US Army, but your email address suggests Marine Corp. ?*? is what a printer or display would produce if it doesn't recognize some characters. In the case, the "?" is a place holder for a character that can't be displayed or printed. My guess(tm) is that it's something like "*" where the two quote marks were replaced by the question marks. On an Apple computer, they would be replaced by square black boxes. So, the single key that you press (not hit) is just an asterisk or an *.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature

hit. Or better yet, what is ?*?

Is that a defense department term? The military occupational specialty desi gnation of a wire/cable installer is 31L. Like on Hogan's Heroes. You know: with all those Allies prisoner soldiers sneaking forbidden telephone lines , radios and other equipment into the Axis prison camp.

Reply to
bruce bowser