Metric Conversion Question

What do they call a 19-inch rack in Europe?

Reply to
Richard Henry

If it's circumferential measurement, anorexia.

-- John

Reply to
John O'Flaherty

On 13 Feb 2007 08:20:48 -0800, "Richard Henry" transparently proposed:

Child pornography.

Reply to
Bigguns

a 19x2.54 cm rack I guess.....

Reply to
martin.shoebridge

Rack 482mm ou 42cm ou 19 pouces probably. The rack cabinet is "une armoire".

Reply to
Paul Burke

They used to be called post office racks. In the US they are also called relay racks since they were made for telephone relays. In some countries, the telephones were run by the post office.

Reply to
doug

The racks I've seen in telephone central offices were 24", not 19"

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

He asked for Europe, not France :-) But for France you're right: "rack 19 pouces". The rack cabinet is either "une armoire" or "une baie".

--
Thanks,
Fred.

In UK we call them 19 inch racks. 1U high, 2U high, 3U high etc.

--
Gibbo

This email address isn\'t real.
Reply to
Gibbo

Same in Germany where they say "19 Zoll Rahmen". Sometimes it's called VME rack because they are so popular.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Same as over here. Smallest set of boobs I've ever seen.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

An A-cup.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

Rack Royale?

What do they call a quarter pounder?

Reply to
maxfoo

True. In Europe (i.e. Brussels and Strasbourg) they probably call them

1946/19/EEC and there's mandatory compliance with a 485 page "standard" (which does nothing but refer to other documents, which refer etc. per omnia saecula saeculorum) which everyone ignores.

But being British, I've a tendency to think "Europe" means the other end of the Dover ferry route.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

An anorexic with a yeast infection is a quarter pounder with cheese.

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

Last time I looked, IEC297 was the dimensional standard.

Well, that's where it starts ....

Reply to
rebel

Where is The Woodgate anyway, have not heard from him in a while?

--

John Devereux
Reply to

He's re-writing the EU constitution, in human readable form

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

martin griffith a écrit :

Nope. He's buried in one committee whose purpose is to write the norms to which the EU constitution should comply.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Excellent question.