mc68332 embedded programming problems

Hi all,

I am trying very unsuccessfully to load my code from my Flash into ram, and then jump to ram. I am finding 2 issues:

  1. I can only load so many bytes to ram before the system resets.
  2. when i make a jump to the code in ramspace, the chip wanders off and gets lost, not knowing where it is going. I have examined ram memory through the bdm port, and I find that the instructions are there just before the jump, but it hangs up when I jump.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob McPherson snipped-for-privacy@actarg.com

Reply to
Amateur.N7TZG

This is not understood. Why does the system reset ? Is there a watchdog ?

Yes, this stuff is tricky. Consider interrupts, consider the stack, what code is loaded to RAM ? Was the code linked to run at the specified location ? With absolute or relative jumps within the code ? Are there segment registers ?

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Well, I fixed the first problem, it being a watchdog issue. Sorry about that part. The second is still an issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob McPherson

Reply to
Amateur.N7TZG