Maximum rep rate for a standard microswitch.

Cursitor Doom wrote in news:qm4r0s$n15$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I too noticed that he did not care one bit about the coil wind.

He could have gotten more turns on it. It would have looked a lot neater.

Also, could likely get by with a smaller guage wire and get even more turns onto it.

Take the output flywheel and attach it to a coupler and drive someything with it. Then some real videos of it performing work could be done.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Yes, it was engaging. No idea why he chose brass for the solenoid formers, though. I'd have used nylon or acetal myself. You can get the stuff in round stock specially made for turning and it's dirt cheap.

Cursitor Doom

Cursitor Doom wrote in news:qm5ckp$pol$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

It looks like a heavier than needed duty design.

He could have used cardboard tubes for that matter.

Maybe he was thinking about 'galling'. not that this assembly would or even could ever get to a situation where any such thing would happen.

OR perhaps he used different metals to get a feel for how his machine tools worked with them, thereby making himself more atuned to their use.

I noticed not a lot of cutting fluid and was waiting at one point to see the brass get a hot hue on it (the drill through looked hot).

Did notice a bit of axial non-linearity. Might have been a non flat mating of the flywheel though.