Maxim Semi Deliveries

Has anyone used the Cirrus VRE305? It's a compensated (as opposed to ovenized) reference.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

't do

ther

. For

th, not

ave

ill

at

tal

=A0I can

ise

low

on

ow

Oh sorry, It just struck me that it was the same problem as when you are trying to determine which of several clocks is more stable.

I'm in the large class of people whom have never needed that =91level of accuracy=92. (The LM399 is as close as I get.)

Wow! I assume if I ask the price that means I can't afford it.

Reply to
George Herold

not

Yes I think it is.

I don't need it either, at all! I just find it fun to play with for some reason.

I think it's somewhere north of $50k :)

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Recently, a Maxim rep showed up and told me that the old days of Maxim are over with - meaning that the small guys will be serviced from now on. I told him my experiences with Maxim (not good) and why I don't use them. We'll see....

Maxim can't use the "never obsolete parts" anymore. They obsoleted a really nice op-amp around a decade ago because they changed fab lines and the designer of the part took off for a walk about in the Himalayas. I wrote their web designer a note around 7 years ago about their false advertising regarding this. The claim was quickly removed.

Reply to
qrk

I used to be a big fan of the MAX900 series of comparators, because they were fast, well-behaved, and (crucially for my applications) had a latch mechanism that worked in the input stage. That meant that I could AC-couple the output to the latch pin, and so get a minimum output pulse width with almost no extra circuitry. They obsoleted those when they changed foundries in the early 2000s.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yeah, right. How often have we heard that sort of "assurance"?

It's not just that. My first design-out job triggered by an unobtanium Maxim part was a mundane switcher chip, MAX608 or something like that. My client had the whole design done, released and all and then Maxim was unable to deliver production quantities. Many design-out jobs followed that one.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to