Maintaining a Vbe Multiplier's bias value

I like the idea of first making the function blocks themselves better behaved.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

And there are very good reasons for limiting the size of capacitors in commercial designs. Even if the increased volume and cost is not an issue, reliability will go down for a bigger cap.

--
Cool links for aspiring physicists, from a Nobel laureate:
http://www.phys.uu.nl/~thooft/theorist.html

[snip]

Actually, shorthand Laplace was created by none other than Oliver Heaviside:

...Jim Thompson

Now that's an impressive man. Thanks! I'll dig in!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

=20

I found the original on the 'net

++automatic+bias%22

Something fishy indeed.

Reply to
JosephKK

=20

Q4=20

No, i don't think it is even that good.

Reply to
JosephKK

driving

output

Spot on. That is why i am rebuilding my tinkering kit.

Reply to
JosephKK

you=20

My brother in Dallas TX does.

Reply to
JosephKK

Two things sprng to mind:

1: run the circuit at a constant current. See
which uses two diodes, but at a constant current. 2: bootdstrap it. See
which is the ciurcuit of sir Clive Sinclair's Neoteric - a very high quality amp of its day.

Why do so many people here insist on quoting the whole of the original article...

Richard Torrens. News email address is valid - for a limited time only.
http://www.Torrens.org.uk for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats
and more!
Reply to
Richard Torrens (News)

  1. Hang a big cap across it.

John

Assume, just for a moment, that one wants to actually learn a little about _designing_ the part that goes across those cap terminals.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

Just Larkin, as typical, throwing sand in the air.

Simulate it, it's crap for other than low current applications... some _really_ bizarre behavior. ...Jim Thompson

Oakhurst is too touristy/resorty these days.

I usually stop at a little diner in Coarsegold, a few miles before, when I drive into Yosemite that way.

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

He was self-taught, too.

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

I still get regular emails from JEDEC. They all seem to be about some conference or seminar on lead-free.

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Runs fine under dosemu here. "ASC file.asc file.txt" produces an empty file, "ASC file asc > file.txt" (output redirect) works.

Obviously the source won't compile for linux. It needs someone that knows far more about C (yecch!) than I do to port it.

Any offers?

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

:)

I last visited there in the 90's. The big deal there at Oakhurst, at the time, was "The Imagination Network." I had many mixed feelings during that visit.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

Well, then. Maybe there is hope for me, too? ;)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

My instincts were alerted as soon as I saw it.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

If your intent is to keep a constant voltage across the Vbe multiplier, you instincts should approve of the big cap.

John