Magnetics question.

I got rid of the LED. It wasn't bright enough to be a dependable safety warning.

I did test the 1206 resistors. They failed at just below 3KV.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Actually, I'm using some resistors that we have in stock, not specifically high-voltage parts. They won't actually fail at 500 volts (they do fail around 3000) and a resistor failure wouldn't be a safety hazard.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

What about a year or three down the road?

Reply to
krw

Life is risky.

lunatic fringe electronics

Sure, and I don't need to tempt fate. Smoke three years down the road is much worse than smoke in the lab.

Reply to
krw

The measured safety factor is over 6:1.

Actually, that Yaego 1206 resistor that's in stock is rated for 500 volts.

lunatic fringe electronics