Magazines

Does anyone know in the US if there are any good magazines in print anymore for the electronics experimenter? Seems most have went belly up.. JTT

Reply to
James Thompson

Circuit Cellar ink still publishes, but its mostly for firmware types. Nuts and Volts is still at Borders, but with some rare gems, its boring if your more then a beginner.

about the only really interesting stuff comes in the "ideas for design" part of EDN.

I really wish for the old days when the regional library had "wireless world" imported every month.

Steve Roberts

Reply to
osr

'Wireless World' is now 'Electronics World' and extreemly thin , by the time you've removed all the Press Releases and adverts there's not much left!

In Europe 'Elektor Electronics' is the only one left that actually publishes anthing complex and interesting (for me) - again 'firmware' does play a big part.

Philip

Reply to
Electric dabbler

James, Check out Everyday Practical Electronics, '

'. They have a nice mix. It is available at (our) Barnes and Noble bookstore, also mail order and best of all over the web '
' for about $15.00/year.

Jerry

Reply to
jfarch