Low power PWM controller, possibly the 555 (flame war coming)

^^^^ sleazy

Misspelling notice above^

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

How about you contribute something to the technical issue here?

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

power PWM control.

there a PWM chips out there with low operating current. Sofar I found the TPS5110 with sub mA current consumption:

low current PWM.

probably be 1:1 so I can use off the shelf types approved for EN69650.

Would probably be a good choice here too, thanks for the suggestion.

Wow, have been searching for a part with isolated windings, not just center tapped, for weeks. You just made my day :-)

Thanks

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

a low current PWM.

probably be 1:1 so I can use off the shelf types approved for EN69650.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ =20 Why do i find this altitude sooo typical of Larkin?

Reply to
josephkk

Because he doesn't need standards. Meanwhile, life goes on for those of us who connect to the AC line, blissfully unaware of his ignorance.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

current PWM.

probably be 1:1 so I can use off the shelf types approved for EN69650.

Do you have a copy of that spec handy?

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

I use consultants and test labs to get stuff certified to worldwide standards. Big companies can afford a test/compliance staff, and can afford to purchase the maze of specs and equipment it takes to do worldwide compliance.

I just had a gradient driver go through all the certs [1]. It has a classic AC line transformer, and they tortured it to make it fail, by removing it from the box, loading it to the max, and then shorting a small auxiliary winding.

so we'll just cut the transformer harness and add a couple of wire-inline fuses.

Tell us about some of your adventures in CE testing. Do you do it yourself?

[1] for the second time. My customer paid to have it certified about 5 years ago, but lost the test folder, so they are paying to do it all over. Funny, this same transformer passed the first time. This time, we'll keep the folder, like we're supposed to. Funny how many big companies lose paperwork. Sometimes thay ask *us* is we have a copy of their documents.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

You are only supposed to save the test samples (and report?) for 3 years. But good thing to hang on to it.

Regards

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

good thing to hang on to it.

We, as the manufacturer, are supposed to keep the compliance folder, and a signed Declaration of Conformity, on our premises.

In this case, our customer qualified the whole system with our box inside (somehow) and then lost all the paperwork. Amazingly, the test lab didn't keep copies either. So it's all being retested.

We never lose documents. We have weekly backups, dating back decades, scattered all over California. It's on flash sticks lately, which keeps the sheer physical volume down.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

PKB

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

of a low current PWM.

will probably be 1:1 so I can use off the shelf types approved for = EN69650.

Not in my personal collection, maybe i have a copy that my PPoE provided. The two blocks are on the order of $8000 each.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Check my posts. I've been talking about dc/dc converters and ISDN transformers, while you and your clutch of hens/lurkers/old ladies have been my-o-my'ing about personalities and whining about spelling errors and writing ghastly *poetry*

Man up. Wuss down. Do some electronics. This isn't some retirement home sewing circle.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

low current PWM.

probably be 1:1 so I can use off the shelf types approved for EN69650.

And you expect me to have those handy?

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

low current PWM.

probably be 1:1 so I can use off the shelf types approved for EN69650.

Isn't it 60950?

--

John Devereux
Reply to

The problem is that OP told that your posts did not contribute to a solution. You seem to have forgotten that.

?-/

Reply to
josephkk

example of a low current PWM.

will probably be 1:1 so I can use off the shelf types approved for = EN69650.

provided.

Keerection i think; $800 each. A simple search will tell.

Since you are manufacturing for world wide distribution, YES!

Reply to
josephkk

provided.

Probably, 60590 seems to deal with aromatic hydrocarbons. Ask Larkin, it is from his post.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

You mean this OP?

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Well, I am the OP and from my perspective John did contribute a lot, actually the most I think....

SED is filled with people attacking each other, why not just talk electronics and leave the other with you wife or whoever wants to go down that road?

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

the most I think....

and leave the other with you wife or whoever wants to go down that road?

Designers with big egos who find themselves getting old. Getting old is hard--not everybody has the grace to do it well.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs