"Low" Noise Amp

150 ohms, to be exact. I tried that, but got the same noise.

So then is it the transistor, or the cascode? I can't imagine it's the follower...

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

I do not understand the need for Q5,6,7,8 - since the input and output are capacitively coupled why the obsessive biasing arrangement. What is wrong with just biasing Q4 via R5?

piglet

Reply to
piglet

And saved a lot of parts!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

If it doesn't need a lot of signal swing, R5 is all the bias network that it needs.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

VOM1271? As quiet as it can get and only diodes. ;-)

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

Heh.

Well, I need 4mA, so that's kind of out.

Would make it possible to try JFETs though. Use a small coupling cap and a huge bias resistor.

Tim