low current inverter

...and talk about men's body parts.

Reply to
krw

Well, that too.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Cluckety-cluck, Henny-Penny.

I don't care that much for economics, and this _is_ an electronics
group, so I refrain from posting on that off-topic topic.

Physics is an altogether different thing and, being germane to this
group, is something I post about when the need - or desire - arises.
I've caught errors you've made several times, but of course you
never acknowledge the catches since that would be tantamount to
admitting error and we just can't have that, can we?
Reply to
John Fields

--
Well, I do, of course, but it's been my experience that errors are
unavoidable so the best course of action is to accept correction,

I say: "if it's warranted" because in some cases it really isn't
correction, it's just mud-slinging designed to muddy the water and
aggravate.
Reply to
John Fields

I've made a few mistakes, and acknowledged them. Not a lot, because I'm in the habit of checking my work. That's a fundamental engineering discipline. Some engineers, like civil and structural and chemical engineers, don't get the option to smoke test their designs. Lots of electronic design engineers don't check their work much before they build it. Those are the ones who expect to do two or three or more PCB spins before they have something that they can ship.

Software engineers pretty much never check their work before they compile it and run it. They generally expect the compiler to find syntax errors, and testing to find bugs.

The general rule is, the greater the penalty for making mistakes, the more careful is the engineering. I'd argue that that tradeoff is not always optimally calculated. Three or four PCB spins can get expensive.

I recently started a thread where I specifically described a design error that I made, the magnetic saturation thing. It was dumb, and I said so. There was, purely by luck, a sleazy bailout. I post design errors once in a while.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I note one thing. When someone points out where you missed something you fess up immediately. I like that and i am getting better at it.

Keep it up so that i have a model to match.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

On the other hand, John, you never acknowledged any error you made on usenet that i remember. No matter how few those errors you would get much more respect by admitting them, even if it is so trivial as not explaining your self clearly enough.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Said John Larkin breezily has he snipped the majority of the new text of the post he is "responding to".

?-)

Reply to
josephkk