low current inverter

There are more ways to make a circuit not work, than to make it work.

Precision electronic instrumentation

That's usually JF's MO.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

On a sunny day (Tue, 29 Apr 2014 18:23:04 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

I have some 5V DC adaptors from ebay, with blue LEDs. Those are very bright. I also have some black write protection labels for 5 1/4 inch floppies. Put the labels over the LEDs, you can still see the LEDs through it, but no longer blinding.

One day I am sure those labels will be harder to find. The labels are on my audio amp and my monitor too.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Reply to
John Devereux

--
No.

It can pump current into the forward and reverse capacitances of
both diodes and out of the diode with the grounded anode, but not
into the bulk resistance of the LED.
Reply to
John Fields

--
And that's a bad thing, why?
Reply to

--
Here's his circuit; where does the boost come from?

Version 4
SHEET 1 880 680
WIRE 160 96 112 96
WIRE 272 96 224 96
WIRE 384 96 272 96
WIRE 112 144 112 96
WIRE 272 144 272 96
WIRE 384 144 384 96
WIRE 112 288 112 224
WIRE 272 288 272 208
WIRE 272 288 112 288
WIRE 384 288 384 208
WIRE 384 288 272 288
WIRE 112 368 112 288
FLAG 112 368 0
SYMBOL voltage 112 128 R0
WINDOW 3 24 96 Invisible 2
WINDOW 123 0 0 Left 2
WINDOW 39 0 0 Left 2
SYMATTR InstName V1
SYMATTR Value PULSE(0 3 0 10n 10n 500n 1u)
SYMBOL cap 224 80 R90
WINDOW 0 0 32 VBottom 2
WINDOW 3 32 32 VTop 2
SYMATTR InstName C1
SYMATTR Value 100n
SYMBOL diode 288 208 R180
WINDOW 0 24 64 Left 2
WINDOW 3 24 0 Left 2
SYMATTR InstName D1
SYMATTR Value 1N4148
SYMBOL LED 368 144 R0
SYMATTR InstName D2
SYMATTR Value NSCW100
SYMATTR Description Diode
SYMATTR Type diode
TEXT 120 336 Left 2 !.tran 100u
Reply to
John Fields

You drew it wrong. Look again. It's a *booster*.

Your point about variable frequency -> variable current is worth looking into, but you do not understand the actual circuit at all.

You drew it wrong. Look again.

[...]
--

John Devereux
Reply to

--
Aarghhh!!!

You're right, thanks for the reality check.

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

That is not my circuit.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Bright blue LEDs are annoying.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Right.

Mea culpa.

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

You are always too eager to prove me wrong.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The more quickly dealt with, the better.

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

But it's you who are usually wrong. Like this time. And many others.

Good engineers don't let emotion blind their rational perceptions. And they check their work before they publish (or build) it.

If you enjoy being wrong in public, posting mea culpas in quantity, don't change a thing.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Hey, I thought it was my job to screw up and say silly things on SED. Kind of like a court jester.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

--
Sounds like Larkin's giving you a run for the money...

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

--- Of course I don't enjoy being wrong in public, but when I am I acknowledge my error, learn from it, and get on with my life.

On the other hand, when you make an error - even a bald-faced one and are called to task for it - you immediately take the position that you're infallible and then vigorously stir the pot with the intent of finding the tiniest straw you can latch on to in order to steer the "discussion" in a direction - any direction - away from the focus on your error.

The purpose of all your machinations, of course, is to derail the discussion by changing the subject, thereby negating your need to account for your error and allowing you to continue with your charade.

John Fields

Reply to
John Fields

Buy you are nice and funny and interested in things, and do interesting physics stuff. JF isn't interested in electronics or physics or economics or anything; he just wants to argue and whine. Which is why he jumps to dispute things, posting absurd LT Spice sims, before he thinks.

Precision electronic instrumentation

If you don't enjoy it, think a little before you post.

Precision electronic instrumentation