Low cost PCB's for proto

What is the concensus on the best low cost PCB services for protoyping and small runs of basic double sided boards?

There are so many to choose from, in Europe and China, I don't know where to start.

Any recommendations?

Mark Shriver

Reply to
Mark Shriver

I use pcbcart.com in China. Excellent service.

Reply to
TTman

How fast do they get your boards back ?? ( pcbcart.com that is )

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

I have been using

they are here in the states, give good service, and reasonable prices. Waiting for a shipment now, in fact!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

4pcb is one of those board houses that charge and extra $50 if more then one design is on a pcb order.

Their $33 special is not so special.

You HAVE to order 4 boards ( so thats $132 ). If the board contains more then one design, thats an extra $50 !! ( for a total of $182 plus shipping)

or if you want to step-n-repeat, thats an extra $50 !!

I do like their 1-day (cough,cough) program though.

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

You use to be able to click on the 4 number and just order 3 boards, that might have changed. They charge us the extra $50 if you panalize the board make several copies. I've never been charged extra for having more than one design on an order. I use to do this all the time, layout the board a few different ways and see if there was any difference. Maybe they now charge for this also?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Reply to
TTman

How would they know if you'd add a few dummy traces across the area you want to send your saw through?

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I have not tested how close 4pcb look.

I just ordered a pcb from PCBCART.com.

Its my first order with them.

I have two 3"x4" and a 4"x5" designs in a single 4" row with .1" between boards. Over all board size is 4"x12.2".

I let you know how it looks when they come in.

The web site showed 8 day, I don't know if that includes shipping or not, I'd guess not.

So I may get this board around March 22.

hamilton

PS: I just got an email that my order is now in process. The email has a time of 11:18AM, so it must be Friday there.

Reply to
hamilton

Some of my designs look like two boards but are just one. This is because there is a roughly 10mm wide safety barrier. There cannot be anything on that barrier, no traces and not even silk screen. Mostly med stuff, patient isolation and so on.

Many of those places run 24/7 in shifts.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

We had long discussions about this design surcharge just a few weeks ago. As much as I want to use the US fab rather than oversea, they are just not competitive enough. It would be OK to pay $132, but I almost always have to pay the extra design penalty.

Reply to
linnix