low cost 5A 25vi/p , adj o/p buck reg.

Any suggestions? Will a separate fet be a cheaper solution ? TIA

Reply to
TTman

LTC3810.

Yes.

YAW (you are welcome) :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Thanks but I need something small.... 8 pin soic ?

Reply to
TTman

For five amps? That would require a water cooling feature :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I've found MAX 8546 + fairchild fet FDS6982..... suits the bill ( I think)

Reply to
TTman

Only 174 in stock at Digikey, I'd be careful if that goes into a product. Then again I never spec Maxim parts anyway.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Plenty(enough) in Farnell UK... (I'm uk)

Reply to
TTman

Did you see the TPS40200D 8-SOIC

Semtech makes some inexpensive controllers as well.

Reply to
Hammy

Well, yeah, with an external FET there are tons of chips.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Ok, it's your design. But I warned ya :-)

A noticeable chunk of my consulting income resulted from Maxim design-outs. The usual: You can easily buy or sample engineering quantities. Then the purchasing folks place an order for x reels ... phsssst ... "Oh dang!"

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yes I know maxim sourcing can be a real PITA.... I did say ext fet was ok... I'll check out those parts above, thx.

Reply to
TTman