looking for PC to use in a car

I've been down this road...pun intended. With all the available mp3 cd players and flash players available today, using a computer just isn't worth the trouble.

For spreadsheets, your problem is gonna be daylight readability. Doesn't matter what's under the hood if you can't read the screen. Look into laptops for police cars...but take two wallets with you.

If you plan to do all this while on the move, you'll also need wrongful death insurance for the prople you kill with your car. mike

with links.  Delete this sig when replying.
.
Wanted 13" LCD for Mitac 6133 Samsung HT13X13-201
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
mike

I'm looking for a small PC or Windows based SBC that I can use in my car to play mp3s and do Excel spreadsheets. Can someone point me to a forum or website? I'm using google but too many hits.

dansteely2001 at yahoo

Reply to
Dan

Why am I picturing Clippy popping up? "It looks like you're trying to amortize a loan and dodge a semi at the same time! Which would you like help with: 1) Interest rates 2) Braking distance calcuations

3) Life insurance payout estimation"

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

If you're driving - you shouldn't be using a PC ! Unless you're an utterly brainless loony maniac that is.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

ROTF - I work out of my truck and keep track of customers and billing on Excel - when I'm parked, that is.

Reply to
Dan

I'm thinking I'll probably just get an mp3 player that will plug into the aux of my truck stereo and get a handheld PC that does Excel and can interface to my home PC. And no, I won't be doing it while I drive!

Dan

Dan

car

Cuz with eating, talking on the cell phone, flipping off jerks, etc. you don't have enough distractions?

Don't use google.com/search when you want to buy something:

JeffM

I don't see where he said he would use it while driving.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Does anyone else have recommendations for laptops or palmtops that would work?

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

I had thought it would be neat to use those USB pin drives to boot and run off of. Get a few of the and run Linux off it with the idea of removing the harddrive out of the pc. You wouldn't have much storage, but it might be more durable than a harddrive.

Has anyone done this?

Reply to
josh