www.badflash.com to the rescue ?!?

Hi,

I just found out the Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe has a removable BIOS chip !

N32P9

0903 B83E GS Q06

I also found this site:

Maybe they can send me a new bios chip ?!

Having two bios chips sounds coooool !

"Hot bios swap maybe possible too"

Maybe I could even repair my old chip !

Then I would have two !

Then I can experiment more safely with new bioses !

I am just hoping the bios flash is the problem.

If not then I am still screwed.

25 bucks for a new chip... I might give it a go...

But first I'll try contact asus in netherlands... maybe they can send me new chip... or maybe the reseller.

Probably not though... they probably only push boxes around.

But I can try ! ;)

That would safe me a lot of hassle ! and maybe even safe time too !

I love it.

Now I start praying it's the bios chip that went bad... I don't believe it, but I have to find out =D

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck

It does have drawback though:

  1. I just cleaned my cpu, messy !

Almost broke cpu pins off... the cpu was stuck to heatsink because of thermal interface material... I pulled out the heatsink and the cpu went with it... there was this cpu bar in place... which alsmost caused trouble. I pushed back some cpu pins and retried to place it inside and it fits ok... so big fewww there ;)

Also quit messy... I would rather not clean up that mess again ! (using the silver stuff 5 or whatever or 7 stickier than shit :))

  1. Having to reassemble the computer costs lots of time kinda sux !

  1. 5 euros for the silver material.

  2. something like 15 to 20 euro's for the new bios chip. If I order at badflash.. not sure if they have chips... maybe I need to send in my chip... definetly not going to do that ! ;) costs too much and what if I don't get my chip back
Reply to
Skybuck

Hmm just found:

Maybe more suited for euro region...

Gjee gotta explore all my options and make sure I get the correct chip.

I think this is what I need:

"New programmed PLCC-chip"

I am not sure though... it looks the same... but the letters/numbers on the picture are different... maybe that don't matter ?

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck

Prutser!

JK

Reply to
Jaap Knasterhuis

Fool !

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck

AMD are the real f*ck ups/fools.

There is no deinstallement procedure !

The CPU bar is unreachable because the heatsink is on top of it.

There is no other way to pull out the heatsink and risk damage to the cpu ?! (Because thermal paste interface material is creating a sucktion effect, maybe heating the material might weaken it... but I doubt it would help much ;))

Ofcourse insulting troll Jaap does not know that, however let's turn his stupidness into something usefull and direct his insults at the people who deserve it: AMD.

Recommendations for AMD:

Next time design a socket where CPU and Heatsink can be moved out together in one go, so that later the CPU can be seperated from the Heatsink ;)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck

Testamony of others:

" Actually, that's not hard to do. I built over 40 computers during the past six years but still managed to do the same thing when trying to replace the stock cooler in my latest build (A8N5X / AMD64 3200+). The thermal pad was like glue and the heatsink was stuck to the cooler pretty well. I apparently used too much force and pulled it right out of the socket like you said and had 3 or 4 bent pins as a result. However, they must not have been bent as badly as yours because once I was able to get the CPU back in the socket the computer worked fine.

If you already bought a new CPU then I would definitely recommend you at least try the motherboard before potentially wasting more money unnecessarily. I really doubt you will hurt the new CPU within the first few seconds it takes for you to realize it doesn't work - should that even be the case. I think you will be fine.

-- Daemon Roxx "

Bye, Skybuck ;)

Reply to
Skybuck

Original subject restored. (socket problem probably well known by now... Jaap should piss off)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck

Strike 3 times and you out.

Filing complaint at:

snipped-for-privacy@xs4all.nl

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck

En zo hoort dat ook. En is bij Intel niet anders.

Eerst de koeler verwijderen, daarna pas de CPU. Alles heeft zijn volgorde.

Het betekent gewoon dat je, als je de CPU opnieuw bevestigt, je een nieuw dun laagje koelpasta op de CPU moet aanbrengen alvoren de koelvinnen met de fan er weer op te plaatsen. Het spreekt vanzelf dat je voordien de CPU en de koeler eerst grondig van de oude resten koelpasta hebt ontdaan.

Tell it Intel too !

And please, write in Dutch, dan hoef ik niet al die moeite te doen om je gebrabbel te lezen en te vertalen. Ik denk nml niet in het Engels.

En inderdaad, ik vraag me nog steeds af of je verstand van computers hebt. En soms of je überhaupt wel verstand hebt, zo warrig en losgeslagen kom je over.

En als het alleen maar is om hier te trollen, doe dat svp ergens anders.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Ben Doedens

Op Sun, 03 Jun 2007 11:29:39 -0700, rammelde Skybuck op het toetsenbord en liet ons weten:

Volgens mij verzin je maar wat. Als je cooler stuk is moet je dus een nieuw mainboard + cpu + cooler kopen.

Nog een tip: ga naar buiten voor wat frisse lucht. Kunnen die muffe brains van je ook eens doorluchten ;-)

--
Teun - Honda CB750 Nighthawk 1991
Reply to

"Skybuck" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@n4g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...

Stop eens met dat spammen, troll!

--
Sarel
Reply to

FUCK OFF, ASSHOLE AMERICANS, FUCK OFF OR GO TO IRAQ OR SOMETHING, AND DIE !

Reply to
Hans

Dear Ben,

How in god's name do you remove the heatsink without pulling the cpu with it ?

Do you pull very slowly on the heatsink ?

(Isn't really that handy is it ?)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck

Wat zit je nou te zeiken hij is niet stuk.

Je snapt er weer geen hol van he !

Doei, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck

berichtnews: snipped-for-privacy@n4g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...

Rot lekker zelf op, ik zit lekker te kletsen over hardware zoals het hoort =D

Doei, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck

Als je niet tegen kritiek kunt, domme handelingen verricht en deze ook nog eens wereldkundig maakt, dan moet je niet verongelijkt reageren als je opmerkingen zoals die van mij krijgt, want je vraagt er gewoon om. Behalve dat je zeurt ben je alles behalve ter zake kundig, maar je hebt in ieder geval bereikt wat je wilde bereiken en dat is de diverse nieuwsgroepen lastig vallen met dom gezwets en daar ook nog eens reacties op krijgen. Mijn complimenten!

JK

Reply to
Jaap Knasterhuis

Er kwam een tip om het ding in warme toestand er af te trekken. Dan is de pasta wat zachter.

Ik heb echter nog geen problemen gehad met vastzittende CPU's. De koeler kwam er soepel af zonder de CPU mee te nemen.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Ben Doedens

Domme lul ga fietsen ik ben klaar met je ! =D

Doei, Doei, Skybuck =D

Reply to
Skybuck

Ga fietsen!? Dat is een uitdrukking die in de jaren 70 vooral in Amsterdam nogal populair was! Nostalgie!

JK

Reply to
Jaap Knasterhuis