Is There a Rechargeable Equivalent to the Duracell PX28A

Hi,

I've been searching online for some time and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Any help would be much appreciated.

I run through a ton of 6V Duracell 28A batteries. They're also labeled as PX28A, or A544, or 4LR44. I'd love it if I could find a rechargeable equivalent.

Does anyone know of one?

Thank you.

Reply to
Cerealized

Looks like this is 4 LR44 batteries stacked. LR44s are dirt cheap. Maybe you can use 4 of these. Don't know of a rechargeable version....Paul

Reply to
PJ

Paul, thanks. I will try that. Wish I could find a rechargeable version, but this might do the trick in the interim. Thanks again.

Reply to
Cerealized

This chap seems to be considering making an adaptor of some sort...

Ideas for Future Products BA-1372, BA-5372 Battery Adapter that would a 4LR44, 28A, LR544 or similar button stack 6 volt battery.

Reply to
CWatters

"Cerealized" wrote

Looks like LR44's will fit.

Battery book says:

PX28 12/13 x 23.9/25.5mm LR44 11.6 x 5.4mm

You are going to be a bit short on height.

LR44's are about 15 cents each in bulk (IIRC).

Let me guess, 28A's are $13.95 ...

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Consulting Engineer:  Electronics; Informatics; Photonics.

what

labeled

version....Paul

If you use four LR44s, you need to insulate them from the battery holder. For instance, if your battery holder is metal, such as an aluminum flashlight, the PX28a would be insulated by the battery case. But with four separate cells, the cell edges would short out against the battery holder. You could simply take four LR44 cells and put some scotch tape or electrical tape around them. You should find out what the max diameter of the PX28A battery is and then try taping the four LR44s to see how much tape you can put on without exceeding the max.

Also, some cheap items such as laser pointers come with four LR44 cells, which are insulated by a plastic tube. If you could find this plastic tubing, you could cut off a short section to use in the battery holder.

You can get the LR44s from sellers on Ebay for a few dollars. They come blister packed in tear off strips of ten. Something like ten strips (100 total) for maybe five dollars plus shipping.

You probably would have a problem with rechargeable cells, because the LR44 cells are alkaline and are 1.5V each, while rechargeables are 1.2V, which would require five cells.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th