Looking for a second source for these blinking RGB LEDs

Hi All, Was a rat shack looking for a couple of parts for a blinky LED project I have, and saw these things:

They are a interesting gadget, but at $2.49 each, a little pricey for the gadget I want to build. Any idea of another source for these things that I could get volume pricing on? Or, even, how makes them? Couldn't find anything like them at Digikey...

Thansk, Charliie Edmondson Engineering

Reply to
Charlie E.

Thanks, Donald! Now, I need to see if anyone else sells it for a little less. Yes, I could do the same thing with an RGB LED and other parts, but I have a space constraint. I want to use the PIC to control this thing, not replace it...

thanks Again! Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

A 50 cent tri-color LED, 4 resistors, and a PIC, can be done for less then $1.00.

Did you read the "customers rate it" page ??

donald

Reply to
donald

Ok, A sot-23 glued to the bottom of the LED would make it compact.

donald

Reply to
donald

Hobby? How many do you need?

Maybe one of these would please thee?

Several available for $0.50.

Or maybe one from these guys (who list qty discounts)?

(you'll have to browse or search; they have several)

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Oops--I missed the RGB part. Both sources I gave have 'em, but for $1.50.

--James

Reply to
James Arthur

Hi James, These are all two lead units, not the three lead unit that I found. The third lead is used for control, so that you can vary the mode the device is in. The others might do in a pinch, though.

Thanks, Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Now here is high power control :-)

donald

If you have a pic to control / blink it perhaps a plain 4 lead rgb led will do.

Reply to
JosephKK