Shaped Noise Source (Simulation)

Anyone with experience in creating a shaped noise source for AC analysis/simulation in Spice/PSpice/LTspice?

EFREQ in PSpice is a bit of a kluge to use :-( ...Jim Thompson

I'm not familiar with PSpice/LTspice (we use a proprietary simulator), but if you have a white noise source, why not build a passive frequency-shaping network and buffer its output with a vcvs?

Do you want to do this in the frequency domain, or the time domain? Just curious.

steve

Reply to
Stephan Goldstein

Frequency domain. What you suggest is what I ended up doing... white noise run thru EFREQ to shape, but using a text editor to roll my own EFREQ... PSpice working window sucks :-( ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

If it's just to create a table, use a myriad of script languages.

One example, octave [free Matlab clone] can easily convert a formula of what you want into a PSpice compatible statement for you. Automatically doing the step between shape and table that you've been doing with a text editor, Plus, you can make the table variable resolution. Frequency steps anything you want.

Do you have the shape in the form of a formula, output vs frequency?

Reply to
Robert Macy

[snip]

For now, I have just a graph, but I expect to have data points (tabular) in the future. ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

Do you want the output as a spreadsheet with a column for freq and another from amplitude?

Do you use open office?

If yes to both I may have a cool solution for you.

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

Reply to
MooseFET

=A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

There are tons of free programs that take a scanned grpah and return data points. From the chatter on the groups, they appear fairly good. Even much better than the way I do it...point by point by insidious point.

Reply to
Robert Macy

[snip]

Interesting! Got any links? ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

hite

wn

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

No, lost them with those 8 HD crashes within 2 years and several backed up the others! so URLs got lost

googel search?

Reply to
Robert Macy