Li-ion UPS battery substitution in UPS

My Li brick is 300WHr new (perhaps 250WHr used). 12V @ 27AHr

With an inverter, I can power a labtop for at least an hour, or 32 of them for a day.

Reply to
Ed Lee

But for less than $28. How much is your UPS?

It's essentially the same inside, just package better for data centers.

Reply to
Ed Lee

The current is not limited by the gauge of the wire, as long as it is short. A few inches of 16 gauge wire is not going to impact the voltage seen by the starter motor (4 mOhm per foot). At least, it will be on par with the internal resistance of the car battery, especially when it starts to get weak.

Reply to
Ricky

Yes, i am keeping the LA to handle the current surge, even if it's not holding much charges. The Li brick is connected with 5P #22 and is rated for 30A.

Reply to
Ed Lee

This paper gives an unbiased comparison of different battery chemistries used in UPS applications:

Flyguy

To summarize:

  1. Most consumer batteries are sealed (LA or Li). So, can ignore Flood LA.
  2. Li has 3x energy density (weight and size advantages).
  3. Limited cycles for Li.
  4. Self discharge is less for Li vs. LA.

For EV:

  1. Li is good for main storage (400V).
  2. Not so good for stop and go low voltage system (12V).
  3. Ideal situation is using both for 12V.
Reply to
Ed Lee

This is both totally wrong and irrelevant for UPS batteries.

The topic concerned UPS, NOT EVs.

Reply to
Flyguy

This is an unmoderated group. so Ed Lee can post what he likes. So can you, and you contribute even less than he does.

Don't waste our telling telling us about what you think he ought to have posted. We've already been exposed to quite enough of your foolish opinions.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

I'm not complaining. I'm merely making an observation. You are the target of quite a few unflattering observations from people whose opinions I value more highly than yours, which is pretty much everybody. If you get your kicks out of being jeered at a clown, I can see how you might persist. You probably ought not to.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

Hey Bozo, the "unflattering" comments, which I regard as a badge of honor, are all coming from YOU!

Reply to
Flyguy

Who cares how you regard them. Your enthusiasm for "understanding" other people's opinions in a way that suits you is pretty comical, and might be part of your clown persona, if you had a enough sense to be able to create one.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

Well, YOU apparently do as proved by the fact that you REPLIED!

Reply to
Flyguy

There are other form of comedy, beside clowning. Ironic observation is one of them. Don't bother looking it up - you wouldn't understand it.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

There you go AGAIN, Bozo!

Reply to
Flyguy

Sewage Sweeper didn't understand that one either.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

See Bozo, there you GO AGAIN!!!!!

Reply to
Flyguy

Published by AllCell Technologies LLC

Disclaimer: AllCell is a lithium-ion battery pack assembler with a proprietary method for battery thermal management. Information in this paper reflects AllCell’s experience in the market across a variety of energy storage applications.

Only a dope would introduce that as "unbiased".

Reply to
corvid

Buy 36V Lithium Golf Cart Batteries Description

you interested in upgrading your lead acid wet-cell batteries to new and improved lithium ion batteries? This 36V Allied Lithium Batteries are drop-in ready, and the conversion is simple! You can reuse your current battery cables, and the dimensions of these lithium batteries are the same as the standard lead acid batteries.

Why should you upgrade? Well, you won’t ever have to worry about watering your batteries again. Plus, there’s no acid and no corrosion! And, they weigh about 1/4 the weight of your typical lead acid battery, which would reduce the weight of your machine by almost 300 lbs! They also only lose 5-10% battery life per month when left in storage, compared to 30% lost with lead acid. Plus, they take much less time to fully charge up than lead acid (only 2-3 hours, compared to 10-12 hours).

PATRIOT POWER 36V CART LITHIUM CONVERSION KIT

Tired of spending your spring prepping your golf cart for the summer by pouring distilled water into dirty, corroded, 90 pound batteries…..only to ride your cart 3 miles before it starts slowing down? Better get home and put it on charge! Not to mention replacing batteries every few years just to ensure your cart’s in decent working order! We’ve all had that feeling while dealing with the old technology of SLA golf cart batteries. If you’re on this page, you’ve made the right decision. LOOK NO FURTHER than Patriot Power Source’s advanced LiFePO4 Lithium technology to completely change your golf cart forever.

SAVE $$$ – While LiFePO4 Lithium batteries cost more than traditional SLA batteries, Patriot Power Source offers you the absolute MOST affordable conversion kit on the market today without sacrificing an ounce of performance. In addition, considering LiFePO4 batteries last up to 10X longer than regular golf cart batteries, this kit should last you just as long as 3-5 sets of old batteries!

FREEDOM TO GO FURTHER – NEVER worry about running out of charge again after converting your cart to run a Patriot Power LiFePO4 Lithium Battery Set. Using our vigorously tested batteries and setup, charging your golf cart after every ride will become a thing of the past. Unlike traditional SLA batteries, which require charging when they reach 50%, our advanced LiFePO4 Lithium batteries give you full performance down to the very last drop, from 100% to 0%

Golf Carts

YAAAWWWWWWNNNNNNNN.......

Get a LIFE, COVID!

Reply to
Flyguy

Years back, there was an ambitious Wingman150 on the aviation groups. Authoritative, knowledgeable, he could give advice on airplanes and engines, determine that poor maintenance was to blame in accident cases, and everything. The group eventually figured out that Wingman150 was a kid, about 15 years old, and a complete bullshitter.

You’re how old?

Reply to
corvid