LED Dimming Control

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

OK, it is possible it is a fixed current regulator, in which case the current sense resistor is the only component that controls the current. But, on a number of these chips, there is another resistor in a signal-level reference circuit that also sets the current. But, if it is a 4-pin or so chip, then you are probably right.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Interesting. I was trying to figure out what is "special" about the Y capacitor and it seems they are rated for safety since a short can be dangerous. On illustration shows the use of metallized film caps melting the area around a short eliminating the short. But where does the metal go? It's sealed inside the cap. Does it pool up and form a bead around the hole? It certainly doesn't just disappear.

This is a *very* cheap unit from eBay. It's good to know they would include a part like this for EMI. I would have expect it to be a bare bones design with no regard to standards.

--

Rick C
Reply to

even the cheapest death trap china special USB chargers usually have them though you ever know if they are floor weepings with fake markings ..

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

8 pin device, BP3319MB.

Rick C
Reply to
rickman

I was just nosing around the bpsemi site and they have what would appear to be the same identical chip with two unused pins wired, one for a dimmer function! So I should be able to replace the chip on the board and add a dimming control very easily. Awesome!

--

Rick C
Reply to