Scope

(1)The number of cycles shown on a scope for a given frequency is determined by?

*Sweep Frequency *Volatge Scale *Ohm's Law

(2)In a triggered scope sweep volume is started by ?

*Sweep frequency *Trigger Potential *activated transformer
Reply to
Thaqalain

What the hell is this, A quiz?

Reply to
Bob Eldred

This is

Please help me and avoid hellish language here

Reply to
Thaqalain

Google describes s.e.b. as:

Activity: High Description: Elementary questions about electronics.

Considering your last few posts, others have a strong suspicion you're just using the group as a way to get answers to homework questions (a suspicion I share, I'm afraid).

This isn't a moderated group, so users are free to post just about anything they want. This group gets its share of homework questions, along with bald offers to sell merchandise, pleas for work, get rich quick schemes, &c. It also gets a number of good hobbyist questions and legitimate queries.

I suppose everyone's entitled to go to the well once for a homework poser. We all had to sweat out the books once, too. But homework questions are usually meant to reinforce material learned in class, and stretch and integrate the student's knowledge. There's usually a context involved, which is always missing here. Even if a question is answered correctly (which does happen frequently -- there are a number of intelligent and capable people who spend their time on this newsgroup, and several of them have already responded to your questions), unless the respondent is famailiar with the class and the textbook, there's no real education going on here. And in the case of homework questions, eventually you just have to read the book.

And if you're an intelligent person who has found himself in a job which requires this knowledge and you don't have it, the solution is the same. You really just have to hit the books, man. The herbs, the spices -- it's in there. You can't get context from s.e.b. unless you want someone to write you a free textbook on s.e.b. right now. Not a reasonable request.

The above is probably a good explanation of why most people won't answer homework questions here, and those who take pity on the OP tend to be kind of brusque. More than one gets irritating.

Your immediate question indicates either a lack of command of the language (no real problem, that's OK) or a lack of knowledge of electronics. This is not the place to get a basic education in electronics. If that's the problem, I'd seriously recommend getting a few textbooks and just reading them. Google "basic electronics textbooks" (with no quotes) on the Google s.e.b. screen, and you'll find a number of threads in past years describing many texts that are available to help. If the problem is that you're just not having much luck communicating well, that's OK. Sorry to make a wrong assumption. Possibly you know someone who's more familiar with English, and can give you a hand in phrasing your questions in a more artful manner. I don't believe anyone who posts in this group reads minds, and they can only work with what you give them.

For good basic background on the function and usage of scopes (by one possible interpretation of your question, the answer's a little more complicated than you'd think), the best net resource by far is "The XYZs of Oscilloscopes" by Tektronix. You could go to their website and search to get this page:

They ask you to fill out a bit of a questionaire to access the .pdf file. It's well worth it. This .pdf file will tell you much of what you need to know about what oscilloscopes do and what they measure, in a good format suitable for beginners as well as engineers unfamiliar with electronics instruments. And this information generally isn't available in electronics textbooks. At some point, they just kind of assume you know it.

Luck is usually the residue of hard work. So...

Good luck finding answers Chris

Reply to
Chris

I am sorry for whatever u think about me.Chris,thanks a lot about your dtail hints. I believe that if u guide someone,your own knowlege increases,is this forum can delineate minimum standards for those, who are authorised to post their knowlege?

Reply to
Thaqalain

You've got to be kidding.

John

No, final exams.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Reply to
Bob Eldred

You could have at least disguised your questions into a less obvious form that doesn't look like they came directly from your home work. For example, you could have said: When I trigger my scope with an activated transformer, smoke comes out of the intensity knob. What am I doing wrong? Then one of us would be sure to answer. Bob

Reply to
Bob Eldred

As you've already noted, anyone is pretty much free to post anything - there is no "authorization" required, other than the google signup.

The thing is, those questions were just flagrant homework test questions, and they are things that were already supposed to have been taught in the class, or at least learned from the textbook.

In either case, just handing you the answer doesn't do anyone any good - if you get an answer here, and just fill in the blank on the test by these answers, then it's equivalent to cheating, and you won't learn anything; and secondly, you run the risk of some smartass posting completely wrong or misleading answers and embarrassing yourself in front of your teacher and classmates.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

No, this kid has distributed his homework questions into a couple of threads, really if he doesn't even know how to answer these, he better get out his textbook and study a bit, or he will have to repeat the class.

--
ciao Ban
Bordighera, Italy

Nah, it's finals week.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Looks promising, but...no promises. I haven't exhausted this resource at all..also...

Google.com is your friend. :-)

Tom

PS-Repeated from another post...I used to haev an entire list, but an OS "upgrade" done without my knowledge made it go away. :-)

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

More likely multiple choice homework questions.

Damn lazy teacher, if it is

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse