Lead spacing for through hole resistor

the

One of the problems with it (less serious on single sided boards with typical generous-size punched holes) is that the lacquer doesn't quite stop at the body, and usually goes down the lead a bit. So it will affect the solder joint and maybe contaminate it. On a dipped or wave soldered single-sided board you've got an effective standoff of 1.5mm or so.

Keeps the circuit board from getting all ugly and discolored, but can be a problem in high vibration environments.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 19:24:30 -0500, John Fields Gave us:

I didn't think it would/could be too much. The source is within, and the dissipation slow... relatively.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

As I recall, Ohmite's large, 225W resistors have a shiny brown vitreous enamel coat. They do pretty well.

John

Reply to
John - KD5YI